Pronunciation Task Force Teleconference

11 Mar 2020


Irfan, Roy, Christine, PaulB, Dee, SteveNoble, janina, mhakkinen


published documents

Irfan: Documents published - Use Cases, Gap Analysis and Explainer

Janina: glad to be published

WAI publications and announcements scheduling

Irfan: part of the W3C process requires an introduction document which has been drafted/reviewed/edited and ready for final posting

<Roy> https://www.w3.org/WAI/cc/wiki/WAI_Announcement_Drafts

Irfan: draft is very detailed, with open questions and actions to log questions;

Roy: will communicate announcement - link provided

Janina: to conduct a final review and then it can be sent to Shawn for comments and posting, as needed.
... feel free to share to colleagues once posted to get broader awareness and participation.

<mhakkinen> +1

<mhakkinen> +q

Janina: formal requirements to review/respond to comments on GitHub; additional tracking with APA

Mark: responding to comments deadline?

Janina: No deadline or timeline

Mark: comments about SSML requires a response
... will draft response

CSS speech module updated to CR

<Irfan> https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/issues/53

<Irfan> https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/CR-css-speech-1-20200310/

Irfan: CSS speech module updated to CR whish is good news
... see URL above
... we were not aware that this was being worked on

<mhakkinen> +q

Janina: Need to review and see what is different; they knew that our task force was working on this. The task force should not be getting caught by surprise; we should review against our gap analysis
... Upset with this new but what we do about it depends on how we move forward; discussions with APA to ensue

Mark: communicated with colleague to discern why this occurred, considering that they knew about our work

<janina> http://services.w3.org/htmldiff

Janina: to provide diff tool for analysis

Irfan: run the difference and discuss during APA

Janina: whatever the outcome, we may have to rev up our work

Mark: reviewed the diff and there isn't many substantive changes

Janina: an update can be provided indicating that we have reviewed and our gap analysis should stand

Mark: it doesn't affect us tremendously as CSS is not a complete answer to our needs

Irfan: Is there any other formal discussions that are needed

Janina: CSS task force has need been very active; several things have been in hold because of lack of activity

Mark: try to recruit someone for CSS

Janina: if there is anyone with CSS and accessibility expertise we would want to talk to them

other businesses

Irfan: Paul B from Deque is a new member; announcements all around
... other business?

Mark: watching the keynote online from CSUN 2020

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/03/11 14:33:49 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: Irfan Roy Christine PaulB Dee SteveNoble janina mhakkinen
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Christine
Inferring Scribes: Christine
Found Date: 11 Mar 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]