Pronunciation Task Force Teleconference

26 Feb 2020


Irfan, JF, Dee, SteveNoble, Sam, Roy, janina


<JF> CSUN Breakfast Poll here: https://doodle.com/poll/nacwpgxaeukfqzq

<JF> deadline Frriday of this week

<Roy> https://www.w3.org/TR/pronunciation-gap-analysis/

<Roy> https://www.w3.org/TR/pronunciation-use-case/

<Irfan> scribe: Sam

gap analysis and explainer CFC report and next action

If new URL created, can pointer to new be added? [JF]

<scribe> New URL that combines the documents and point older URLs to new URL [JF]

<Roy> https://www.w3.org/TR/pronunciation-gap-analysis-and-use-case

<Roy> ?

There will not be any way to go to previous version [IA]

URL title should reflect the fact that these documents were merged [JF]. Title should be human-readible.

the Old URL be retired if new URL is published [Roy]

Once this document is retired, an alert notified user that is no longer available - will confirm what happens with W3 team [Roy]

<Irfan> +1

An automatic redirect or at the least, the ability to follow the new link [JF]

Thinks there are 301 pages [Janina]

Length of proposed URL - long [IA], but accurate [Janina]

Decision: Ability to redirect to new URL which points to the merged document [IA]

<Roy> https://www.w3.org/TR/2019/WD-personalization-semantics-content-1.0-20190711/

No objections heard from CfC [IA]

Closes midnight Boston Time, Friday, 28th Feb 2020 the APA minimum is 48 hours, but in details the timeframe indicate other - up to a week [Janina]

creating technical document

This is the final document. Irfan discussing w/ Mark H about the next to create examples, add on the wiki, include them in the document (for Vendors to check prototypes).

Suggest: As soon as version is created then add examples in another document [Janina]

The need for a persistent URL is required, even for the examples. We could branch and then updated Editor's Draft [Janina]

We need to add additional use cases, 2 different scenarios. [IA]

Needs help with summarizing, and writing up Use Cases - request for assistance [IA]

scribe: and creating prototypes [IA]

approaches - JSON and inline [IA]

Paul - is he added to APA Working Group? [IA] Roy will follow up with Michael Cooper [Roy]

re: Paul Grenier

Paul B added to the list [Roy]

Editors needed for Technical Document [IA]. Looking for volunteers.

Very similar to the Explainer document, possibly adding examples of implementation of two approaches. [IA]

We need a more technical person to review/edit [JF]

other businesses

no other business to report [IA]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/02/26 15:33:07 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: Irfan JF Dee SteveNoble Sam Roy janina
Found Scribe: Sam
Inferring ScribeNick: Sam
Found Date: 26 Feb 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]