Silver Task Force & Community Group

25 Feb 2020


jeanne, Chuck, sajkaj, Rachael, maryjom, Makoto, kirkwood, KimD, AndyS, bruce_bailey, CharlesHall, JF
Shawn, jeanne
janina, jeanne


<sajkaj> scribe: janina

Updates to Editor's Draft

<Lauriat> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/silver/ED-draft=comments-changes-js/guidelines/index.html

<sajkaj> js: This is a pass for plain language covering Scoring and Conformance

<sajkaj> js: Andy has put much work into enhancements to methods, but not yet visible

<sajkaj> js: Some issues merging his work ...

<jeanne> https://raw.githack.com/Myndex/silver/master/guidelines/methods/Method-font-characteristic-contrast.html

<sajkaj> js: Right content, older format

<sajkaj> js: Not our current wire frame, but impressive content contribution

<sajkaj> js: Test rewritten ...

<sajkaj> Andy: Have a pr for you

<sajkaj> js: Next, have conformance edits from Peter and from Angela, both now in a branch ...

<jeanne> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/silver/ED-comments-korn-js/guidelines/index.html#scoring-conformance

Edits to Visual COntrast Method

<jeanne> https://raw.githack.com/Myndex/silver/master/guidelines/methods/Method-font-characteristic-contrast.html

<AndyS> https://raw.githack.com/Myndex/silver/patch-1/guidelines/methods/Method-font-characteristic-contrast.html

<sajkaj> bb: Just now fixed my spelling errors in patch 1 -- the link I just pasted

<sajkaj> js: Notes Andy DOES have the new format -- awesome!

<sajkaj> andy: Tried to add scrolling for code sample ...

<sajkaj> js: It's just a wire frame. Not to worry about that

<sajkaj> bb: Looks fabulous

<sajkaj> Andy: Used Monday's commit so added last night based on latest

<sajkaj> bb: bit of a glitch on resources tab

<sajkaj> andy: Image on my repository, I don't have write in Silver repo

<sajkaj> [discussion of how to include complex math in our doc]

<sajkaj> js: Are there parts we need in our howto?

<jeanne2> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/silver/ED-draft=comments-changes-js/guidelines/explainers/visualContrast.html

<sajkaj> js: Concerned some gets lost ...

<sajkaj> bb: unsure how much can be pulled from methods for this howto ...

<sajkaj> bb: It's a plainer language explanation whereas the methods are more technical

<sajkaj> sl: Get started tab could benefit from plain lang

<sajkaj> sl: Maybe the lists under how might benefit from table structure

<sajkaj> charles: suggests are methods are technical

<sajkaj> sl: Yes, but initial explanation need not be

<sajkaj> sl: The first two paras, for instance, could be the how and plain lang

<bruce_bailey> How (in Explainer) seems to be repeat of Predicted Contrast of Detailed Description in method

<sajkaj> js: Agree that Get Started should be oriented to beginners

<sajkaj> js: Notes that our FPWD will be accompanied by questions for which we're seeking public comment

<sajkaj> andy: Asks where bibliography goes?

<sajkaj> [discussion on how to record our bibliography]

<sajkaj> charles: Asking for a check on my understanding re tool assisted testing

<sajkaj> charles: howto says "use a tool"

<sajkaj> charles: method is "what the tool does"

<sajkaj> charles: Where a human to run the method, it would take hours

<bruce_bailey> @JF https://raw.githack.com/w3c/silver/ED-draft=comments-changes-js/guidelines/explainers/visualContrast.html

<sajkaj> js: We need methods for users of the tool; but also for tool developers

<KimD> +1

<Zakim> bruce_bailey, you wanted to comment on "use a tool"

<sajkaj> bb: "Run a tool" may not be useful at this stage

<sajkaj> bb: We're in an intermediary state just now it seems

<sajkaj> bb: We should stay focussed on what we can get done for FPWD

<sajkaj> jf: Recalling our commitment to use ACT rules and not seeing any of that in our FPWD?

<bruce_bailey> +1 to methods that use ACT rules format

<sajkaj> jf: Mightn't we at least enumerate those?

<sajkaj> js: Tried to get that and haven't managed to pulling it together

<Lauriat> +1, absolutely

<sajkaj> js: People able to help on that needed

<sajkaj> jf: Wonders of when and how we will prioritize that as part of the migration

<sajkaj> sl: Suggests a good F2F agendum

<sajkaj> jf: Would want to make sure key people, like Wilco, are present for that

<sajkaj> js: Adding it to the F2F Agenda

CSUN Tuesday breakfast signup?

<Chuck> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://doodle.com/poll/nacwpgxaeukfqzqi__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!Jk5pi-iFktikvTacmtrgx892zJn9HtFAH-3FNIwvai_5rgmZIR8xLtjZ1L8boNantA$

<JF> https://doodle.com/poll/nacwpgxaeukfqzqi

<jeanne2> sign up for breakfast

Challenges and Survey

<sajkaj> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/wcag/conformance-challenges-redesign1/conformance-challenges/

<jeanne2> Scribe: jeanne

<sajkaj> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/Conformance-Challenges-FPWD2/

<jeanne2> Saj: Editors draft and changes

<jeanne2> ... survey

<jeanne2> ... we particularly want to get feedback from Silver

<jeanne2> SL: The survey isn't open yet

<kirkwood> saying it will open 2020-03-05.

<jeanne2> [brief discussion]

<jeanne2> Jeanne: Please send to the list when the date problems are worked out.

<sajkaj> Ehttps://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/Conformance-Challenges-FPWD2/results

<bruce_bailey> Message is: This questionnaire is not yet open. It will open on 2020-03-05. Inform your Team contact if you think it should already be open.

<bruce_bailey> I can open results link with my credentials

<bruce_bailey> I see: This questionnaire will be open from 2020-03-05 to 2020-03-17.

Scoring Example

<sajkaj> js: Alastair had several requested changes to our text ...

<sajkaj> jf: Have been building test files to test headings hopefully available soon

<jeanne2> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LfzTd_8WgTi0IUOOjUCRfRQ7e7__FRcnZow4w7zLlkY/edit#heading=h.qenaldiie00y

<sajkaj> js: What version of headings?

<sajkaj> jf: Editor's Draft

<sajkaj> js: There's more work on that section not yet reflected in the Editor's Draft

<sajkaj> jf: Want to contribute test files

<sajkaj> sl: Even early test files will still be helpful

<sajkaj> [discussion of some of the details]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/02/25 15:31:46 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: jeanne, Chuck, sajkaj, Rachael, maryjom, Makoto, kirkwood, KimD, AndyS, bruce_bailey, CharlesHall, JF
Present: jeanne Chuck sajkaj Rachael maryjom Makoto kirkwood KimD AndyS bruce_bailey CharlesHall JF
Found Scribe: janina
Found Scribe: jeanne

WARNING: 0 scribe lines found (out of 138 total lines.)
Are you sure you specified a correct ScribeNick?

Scribes: janina, jeanne

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]