Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

29 Jan 2020


jasonjgw, scott_h, janina, SteveNoble


<scribe> Chair: Jason

<scribe> scribe: janina

XAUR draft - status, updates and CfC.

jgw: CfC is open through midnight Boston
... Notes Matthew's extensive comments; Josh has requested them as github issues and Matthew will do

jb: Asks whether our intention is this doc becomes a W3C Note; Do we say that in Status?

<Joshue108_> NOTE: To update status to show that XAUR intends to be a working group note

<Joshue108_> Judy has a point

<Joshue108_> JS:We will make sure to capture that for on RTC.

<Joshue108_> JB: IN particular as it says requirements.

[notes no final disposition in CfC or draft]

js: Will add to Decision email

<Joshue108_> ACTION: Josh to make sure To update status to show that XAUR intends to be a working group note

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2228 - Make sure to update status to show that xaur intends to be a working group note [on Joshue O Connor - due 2020-02-05].

jb: Asks whether there's still a parallel doc with scenarios?
... Not recalling whether we're moving one or two docs?

jo: This is it. The one and only.

[discussion of process]

jb: Asks to discuss whether this activity needs an Intro page somewhere

jo: Michael, Janina, and I have discussed
... Because it's a needs doc and not normative, sense was "no"
... Personally don't feel strongly, but think it might

jb: So maybe this will clearer over time

<Joshue108_> JS: Where are we on announcements etc?

<Joshue108_> https://www.w3.org/WAI/cc/wiki/WAI_Announcement_Drafts#XR_User_Needs_and_Requirements_working_group_note_published_.5BDRAFT_Annoucement_for_W3C_blog.5D

<Joshue108_> ACTION: Josh to write Twitter blurb

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2229 - Write twitter blurb [on Joshue O Connor - due 2020-02-05].

<Joshue108_> It will be helpful, we can highlight we are building and working with broader communities etc

Real-time communication accessibility: preparation of draft for forwarding to APA.

js: I'll make sure it says "intended for W3C Note status"

jgw: Notes the discussion of the revised format, more in sync with MAUR
... We specify the reqs, not how they're met
... Some comments have already become github issues

<Joshue108_> Jasons issues have been added to GH with the RTC label added https://github.com/w3c/apa/issues/

jgw: Asks when we think this may be CfC ready and what can we do to help get it there?
... Opens discussion ...


<Joshue108_> JS: If we are close to be ready to CFC, we can make sure the doc is more pub ready.

<Joshue108_> We can add the First public working draft note details etc

<Joshue108_> Info on GH issues and email stuff.

<Joshue108_> We can make that happen.

<Joshue108_> ACTION: Josh to work on Status section update etc in RTC

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2230 - Work on status section update etc in rtc [on Joshue O Connor - due 2020-02-05].

[discussion of process on this one]

jo: Likes jgw's comments, some should be github issues

jgw: Conclusion is to do the easy fixes before possible CfC next week; additionl items over to github

<scott_h> apologies eveyrone - looks like i"ve dorpped off

Verifiable Credentials - use cases.

<Zakim> Judy, you wanted to comment on profiling

jb: Need sometimes to pre-negotiate needs before vehicle assigned in ride services

<Joshue108_> Actually its only information about the browser settings not the user!

<Joshue108_> Thats how the profilling is done - have you a certain font active? a Font size preference? High contrast etc?

<Joshue108_> Can all be profilled unknowingly by scripts running in the browser.

jb: Worries that the situation may be that there is no way to generalize a11y vis a vis other basis of differentiation
... There are just so many ways to do bias especially adding AI into the mix
... One thing is user control
... Suspect many parallels but no way to generalize
... In some cases users will want data shared, in other cases not

jgw: Agrees to giving more thought to anything that differentiates a11y concerns

<Joshue108_> Ok, gotta bounce to another call

<Joshue108_> chat later..

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Josh to make sure To update status to show that XAUR intends to be a working group note
[NEW] ACTION: Josh to work on Status section update etc in RTC
[NEW] ACTION: Josh to write Twitter blurb

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/01/29 14:59:46 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: jasonjgw, scott_h, janina, SteveNoble
Present: jasonjgw scott_h janina SteveNoble
Found Scribe: janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina
Found Date: 29 Jan 2020
People with action items: josh

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]