ACT Rules Community Group Teleconference

28 Nov 2019


Wilco, Jean-Yves, EmmaJPR, Carlos, Shadi


<Wilco> scribenic: emmaJPR

Wilco: lots of final calls open

Jey doing Thanksgiving so not attending

Brief discussion on table visibility for headers attributes

Emma: SC talks about the visual layout conveying associations

<Wilco> https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pull/412/files#diff-8705f0115ad2b64712efb7544f98842dR30

Question whether the cell a header references needs to have a columnheader or rowheader role

Jean-Yves: recalls something about the algorithm association not working otherwise

Needs to be researched again

Inapplicable 4 is so because headers don't work except on td elements

<Wilco> https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pull/1038

<Wilco> https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pull/1033

Interesting comments from cblouch that mean more research is needed

<Wilco> https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pull/1029

Wilco: 1033 coming out of final call

<Wilco> https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pull/1028

Wilco: image buttons need to meet 2 SC so covered by a different rule
... Emma can you open an issue about multiple rules/SC applying to the same element

<Wilco> https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pull/1014/

Jean-Yves: poor wording in PR title, techniques are accessibility mapping, not requirements

AGENDA ITEM, Reviewers wanted https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+review%3Arequired+

Wilco: Jey making good progress refactoring spelling issues, found a few to resolve

Carlos: working on #1010

with Brian

Wilco: looking for comments on #833
... Carlos doing a fantastic job getting rules done

Rewriting example descriptions https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/issues/1030

Wilco: we have comments from AG on first rules submitted, mostly on examples

<Wilco> https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pull/1028/files

Wilco: mostly examples need to be better written for consumption by machines
... we need to put some effort into rewriting examples
... some comments about the code, some about the descriptions

Emma: working on some guidance for descriptions, should we provide guidance on code also?

Wilco: need to be careful that examples are relevant and not misleading
... maybe a focus group
... asked Marco already, anyone else?

Emma: don't mind getting involved to help shape guidance document

Carlos: busy with other stuff but happy to help implement guidance

Implementors quickly get outdated https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/issues/983

Carlos: Is there a way we could notify implementors of changes?
... email could be enough

Jean-Yves: Agree.

Wilco: a more high tech solution could be difficult to build. Could add to agenda.

Carlos: or author of PR could know who has implemented and who to notify.

Wilco: final calls should alert implementers

Emma: do implementations need to keep up to date during development, or only when ready to go to AG?

Wilco: PRs in final call will need implementations updated before going to AG.

Emma: could there be a period between final call and sending to AG for implementations to update?

Wilco: need that to be as short as possible.

Emma: in meeting minutes doesn't mean people will read it.

Wilco: I'll start doing by hand for now.

Objective / Unambiguous metadata in definitions? https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/issues/1003

Jean-Yves: subjective definitions are not suitable for applicability section of a rule, but could be used in assumptions

Wilco: applicability and expectations need to be unambigous
... do we need to work through current definitions?

Jean-Yves: yes, maybe start with our own definitions

Carlos: also need to look at WCAG definitions, as we use them a lot

Wilco: that could get political

Shadi: should be OK to look at WCAG definitions, some are being updated. Bring it to the WG early. Could give an opportunity for 2.2 to improve definitions.

Wilco: over time ... final thoughts

Shadi: good meeting, good progress, nice to see lots of final call

Carlos: haven't made it for a while, good meeting

Emma: hard to type and talk, good to see lots happening

Jean-Yves: good discussion, few people

Wilco: maybe Thanksgiving
... maybe revisit morning slot

Bye all

Wilco, will you generate minutes?

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/12/03 14:55:59 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: Wilco Jean-Yves EmmaJPR Carlos
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: EmmaJPR
Inferring Scribes: EmmaJPR

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 28 Nov 2019
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]