XForms Users Community Group Teleconference

20 Nov 2019



Alain, Erik, Philip, Steven


<ebruchez> The “Connect Audio” button is still disabled for me.

<Alain> It works for me!

It seems to have worked for me too

Steven: Tomorrow I'm taling about the design of notations at a symposium for Guido van Rossum; I'll be finishing with XForms

Bristech 2019

Steven: I talked XForms there.
... went well.

ACTION-2268: Add list of functions to main spec [Steven]


Steven: Literally in progress, I've added the list of functions, now I want to link them to the expressions spec.

<scribe> ... ongoing

ACTION-2264: Propose text for the merged textnodes case of insert

and replace. [Erik]



Erik: The problem is that nodes get merged, so aren't really new, nor newly inserted, just changed.

<ebruchez> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2019Sep/0007.html

Erik: There are some options; we hadn't decided which to use.
... I'm not a fan of options 1 and 2.
... We want all the information
... In the case of insert or replace, this could be empty or contain one node
... it would be easy to describe, and to implement

<ebruchez> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2019Nov/0002.html

Erik: On use, you would have to look at both sets of nodes.
... inserted-nodes were already in XForms 1.1, but that didn't address the problem.
... Adding a property at least closes the gap, although not providing a diff.

Alain: I agree that this is the best solution.

<scribe> ACTION: Erik to spec up the updated-nodes proprty.

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2269 - Spec up the updated-nodes proprty. [on Erik Bruchez - due 2019-11-27].

ACTION-2261: Clarify what to do with merged text nodes in

xforms-replace event [Erik]


Steven: That closes this action.

trackbot, close 2261

<trackbot> Sorry, Steven, I don't understand 'trackbot, close 2261'. Please refer to <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc> for help.

trackbot, close ACTION-2261

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-2261.

ACTION-2259: Propose text for mips on controls [Steven]


Steven: In progress

ACTION-2267: Consider data traversal [Steven]


ACTION-2266: Research websockets [Steven]


Steven: Likewise, both still in progress.




Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Erik to spec up the updated-nodes proprty.

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/11/20 14:57:36 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/tthe/the/
Succeeded: s/Phjilip/Philip/
Succeeded: s/sympoium/symposium/
Succeeded: s/I'kll/I'll/
Succeeded: s/XFOrms/XForms/
Succeeded: s/Eric/Erik/G
Succeeded: s/html\/html/
Present: Alain Erik Philip Steven
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Steven
Inferring Scribes: Steven
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2019Nov/0001
Found Date: 20 Nov 2019
People with action items: erik

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]