Personalization Task Force Teleconference

19 Aug 2019


janina, LisaSeemanKest, Becka11y, CharlesL


<Peter> hi .)

<LisaSeemanKest> https://w3c.github.io/personalization-semantics/content/#symbol-example

<scribe> scribe: becka11y

<LisaSeemanKest> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2019Aug/0018.html"

<LisaSeemanKest> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2019Aug/0018.html

Lisa: see test plan page at above link; asking Peter for methodology used
... and also next steps
... JF had a question on testing via machine learning and AI; is IBM engine ready to add that?

Peter: usually works and has been integrated but going through some changes right now; currently uses symbols from 3 different libraries - which is not ideal

Lisa: any comments on the test plan?

Peter: overview of the methodology; set up a test plan of what we want to know; create a user test; then test with users
... will discuss at upcoming AAAT meeting

Lisa: Do you have access to Cordula’s handbook?

Peter: should be available for public download, if not will send to Lisa via email

Ori: tried to share link last week and no one could open - thus, seems to be private

<Ori> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TWVAISi3v1tG19gpiQJISb5uXDFpYVoC/view?ts=5d384721

Peter: will try to get access and send in the morning
... to lIsa


Peter: still needs translation; will use google translate on cup of tea page and send to native language speakers for editing

Charles: how many test subjects in each language?

Peter: German - 2 user groups - 1 in Austria with 10 people; Germany group also has about 10
... should be about the same amount in Sweden

Charles: how will the attritbutes be implemented - data- or older au prefix?

Peter: yes, will try to update

Charles: so two recent changes - data dash and changing from URI to BIC number

Peter: yes plan to use the latest draft

<LisaSeemanKest> AAATE

Lisa: trying to get this updated before the AAAT meeting next week so can get feedback

Charles: Asks Peter when training is expected to start and finish?

Peter: plan to talk to Cordula about methodology and test plan at AAAT meeting; also need translations finished and update to changes to IBM content clarifier; thus hoping to start in two weeks or so; but Cordula coodinates all user testing
... testing should take about a week; plus time to analyze the data

Charles: when is entire project complete?

Peter: about a year

Charles: verifies that we can refine this over the next year

Lisa: but the end part of the project is writing up the reports so there is generally less research going along

Peter: last month is writing the report but we will do retesting, etc before then

Lisa: we look forward to looking at handbook and test plan
... asks Ori about status of test page without the symbols

Ori: in progress

Lisa: would like the initial translate done by the end of the week

update on editors draft

Lisa: thanks Peter and Ori for joining us

<LisaSeemanKest> https://w3c.github.io/personalization-semantics/content/#symbol-example

Lisa: latest draft (above) has the examples in it. Should we write in it that the numbers uses are the same as the BIC numbers

<LisaSeemanKest> The numbers are the same references numbers used in Bliss (BCI numbers)Note at some point we may add terms or new numbers.

Charles: we do provide a link - we could add text that these BIC numbers are the same as used in Bliss

Janina: important to name the symbol set we are using including a pointer to the license; and it needs to be published

<LisaSeemanKest> we shuld ask the w3c patent people is it ok,

Janina: is this patented technology or copyrighted?

Lisa: the symbols - the pictures - are copyrighted but I don’t think the numbers are. Will need to check

Janina: can run this through Janina and she will verify with Michael

<CharlesL> BCI-AV (Blissymbolics Communication International - Authorized Vocabulary) based Blissymbol resources are licensed under a http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/. Based on a work by http://www.blissymbolics.org/ available via http://www.blissymbolics.org/. (An alternative royalty based supported license option for proprietary packaging of Blissymbol resources is also available. Please contact BCI at bci (at) blissymbolic

<CharlesL> s (dot) org

Janina: creative commons is acceptable

Charles: does this imply the numbers or the symbols or both?

<CharlesL> http://www.blissymbolics.net

Janina: need to ask them to clarify whether or not the numbers are covered; needs to be public so we have something to reference

Charles: there is blisssymbolics dot net and dot org - what is the difference?

Lisa: We should write to Bliss for clarification

Janina: We need to clarify that it is okay to use the numbering system and that permission is made publically available /published

Lisa: if they deny permission or require royalty we would have to make changes

Janina: we have to be careful because just changing the numbers and using the same reference system could be patented

Lisa: can we remove some of the notes in the drafts
... believe we can get rid of the first few notes;

<LisaSeemanKest> i think we can get rid of

<LisaSeemanKest> NOTE

<LisaSeemanKest> To help this be interoperable without an RDF parser we recommend referencing the most commonly used ontologies and the highest-level concept. (For example, reference "girl" and not "young girl".)

<LisaSeemanKest> EDITOR'S NOTE

<LisaSeemanKest> We should have a note of common suggested terms and references. (Maybe with links to http://www.arasaac.org/)

Lisa: are folks in agreement?

Charles: confirms that we are removing the first note
... are we also taking out the second note?

Lisa: since we have told people to use the BIC numbers there is no need to refer them to another references

Charles: reviews changes - clarify using BIC numbers and include link to Bliss copyright page
... made the changes and pushed during call...
... may take a few minutes to update

<LisaSeemanKest> https://w3c.github.io/personalization-semantics/content/#symbol-explanation

Lisa: looks good

TPAC - Should we run a demo based on Symbol in Japan next month

Janina: because HTML has changed its colors and it now under WHAT - we may need guidance about who to meet with at TPAC; We need to understand what we want and if the necessary groups are available
... we need to file issues with WHAT to get our proposals for HTML changes accepted (or not)

Charles: we need companies to implement our proposals so we have feedback to take to WHAT

Janina: so we should aprise TAG and HTML W3C group of our plans (using data dash for initial implementation as POC)

Lisa: do we want to give a demo of TPAC?

Charles: we don’t have to sign up in advance; want to see something working before I try to set up anything in advance
... show changes from last year - now using data dash; also, have never shown this working before
... would be great to show it working and to get feedback; Once I see it working I will write it up for demoing at TPAC

Janina: agree it is best to wait to know the status of the demo before signing up to demo publically

Lisa: perhaps set up a meeting the first week of September with Ori and Peter

Janina: do we want to ask them for stable resources / demo for the week of September 16-20 during Japan time

Lisa: do we need to put on the TPAC radar that some people speak/communicate in symbols?

Janina: are there ISO language codes for symbolic languages

Lisa: two tasks for the AAAT meeting: 1) recruite people for this task force 2) are there ISO codes for symbol languages? If not should there be?

janina: also have to realize there are sub-codes for sign language;

Charles: what about codes for braille?

Janina: will go to the i18n group but need basic questions about any existing codes first

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/08/19 15:02:10 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

FAILED: s/llsa/Lisa/
Present: janina LisaSeemanKest Becka11y CharlesL
Found Scribe: becka11y
Inferring ScribeNick: Becka11y

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 19 Aug 2019
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]