WAI Coordination Call Teleconference

08 May 2019


CharlesL, Joanmarie_Diggs, Tzviya_Siegman, JaeunJemmaKu, Judy, George, janina, Shawn, AWK, shadi, Katie_Haritos-Shea, tzviya, MichaelC, Jeanne_Spellman
George, Joanie, Kathy, JaEun
janina, Judy


<Judy> meeting: WAI Coordination Call

<janina> scribe: janina

<Zakim> jeanne, you wanted to give high-level overview of Silver and UAAG intersection

<Zakim> janina, you wanted to mention Matthew Atkinson's Accessibility Paper for the Gaming Workshop

Scribe, rrsagent, agenda, next meeting date

jb: Should be May 22
... But I have a conflict
... Propose June 5


Upcoming announcements & publications

ts: Several coming
... Epub 3.2

jb: Would aiming for Global A11y Awareness be a good idea?

ts: Good idea
... Will check ...

jb: It's May 16

ts: Have a validation tool, plus some more pubs
... Audiobooks spec end of May, also implementation doc and packaging and distribution for that

jb: Shawn Henry lining up tweets for GAAD, should I advise her?

ts: I'll do it

janina: Expecting second wide review of CAPTCHA update around May 28

<CharlesL> sorr

<CharlesL> the Personalization TF will be updating our Public working drafts of our 3 modules with an update to data- instead of aui-

<CharlesL> Roy will be updating this actually but yeah

<tzviya> https://www.w3.org/publishing/epub/

ts: Aha, already published!

janina: Noting data- is html5 identified approach to avoid failing validation while trialing new technology
... It's not intended to be permanent. If the approach works, something permanent will be assigned to replace data-
... data- is for testing, and so defined by html

Upcoming Global Accessibility Awareness Day, events?

jb: Shawn is planning a series of tweets including recent work
... Suggestions welcome!

Outreach to and participation from low and middle income countries

mc: Doing FAST presentation at Accessibility Ottawa

jb: Please advise Shawn
... Don't yet have a precise way to ask this question yet.
... Interested even in general comments and responses

mc: Sometimes people registered in wg's, but they tend not to participate on calls, may need more orientation
... Lang and timezone are problems

jb: Also a topic in the AB.

ts: Have had interest in Pub from Brazil
... Noting that AB would love to work on this

<Judy> scribe: Judy

Js: some of the international lists that i'm on may be interested, actually, if there's an outreach piece you could post
... orchid developers
... android lists (that have been splitting for topic scope creep)

<scribe> scribe: Janina

jb: Considering trying to pull together outreach
... Who might be interested?


<tzviya> me

Jeanne Spellman is interested

Silver has member from India

Jeanne: Also Kuwait

Upcoming Workshops

<Judy> agenda order is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

<Judy> W3C Workshop on Web Games

<Judy> https://www.w3.org/2018/12/games-workshop/

<Judy> Second W3C Workshop on the Web of Things

<Judy> The Open Web to Challenge IoT Fragmentation

<Judy> https://www.w3.org/WoT/ws-2019/cfp.html

<Judy> Workshop on Machine Learning (in development)

jb: A second WoT Workshop

[discussion whether there's any a11y]

jb: Stunned that we're not tracking this better. I'll follow up
... Discussion begun about a Machine Learning WS third quarter

janina: Noting that machine learning would benefit AAC translation being prototyped by Personalization TF. We're having the same issues as early language translation

<Judy> https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues/150

jb: Notes Jutta has been noting bias in AI in autonomous vehicles

jeanne: New member of Silver CG interested in elearning and AI, and has written some of this up. Will forward the CC list

ts: Notes there are many sources of AI bias--not just vehicles

janina: Asks mc whether FAST can help

mc: User needs portion, not complete, but yes

jb: FAST looks more and more applicable. We should continue to grow it and socializing
... It's a resource that grows through interaction

Community Groups activity check, resources

jb: Want to do a checkin--has APA looked recently?

Infoshare WGs and TFs

jb: Can we review June 5?

janina: will try

Digital publishing update

ts: F2F on this earlier this week
... Our focus now on modules that tie back to the Web Publications spec
... Good discussion that audiobooks be useful to all
... discussion on better packaging
... Still working on getting publications to web tech
... Still a strong group, even though not getting there as quickly as we'd like

Making TPAC welcoming, update

ts: Came up at Quebec City AB
... If one is new, it can be overwhelming

<tzviya> https://github.com/w3c/PWETF/issues/48

ts: Will be working to try and make tpac more welcoming
... please contact or add to the issue

jb: Invites TS to share message with our various working groups via the WG Chairs
... Looking at captioning for tpac, might help non English speakers

ts: Will be intro'ing some kind of translation tool -- Imperfect may be better than nothing

Other business?

<Judy> Janina, library contact?

<Judy> Judy, yes, one from Inclusive Library Science Forum

<Judy> tz: please send an email about what you're looking for

<Judy> ACTION: Michael follow up with Ralph

<trackbot> Created ACTION-14 - Follow up with ralph [on Michael Cooper - due 2019-05-15].

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Michael follow up with Ralph

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/05/08 19:38:10 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/May 15/May 16/
Succeeded: s/GAD/GAAD/
Succeeded: s/Jean/Jeanne/
Succeeded: s/epub/Web Publications/
Default Present: CharlesL, Joanmarie_Diggs, Tzviya_Siegman, JaeunJemmaKu, Judy, George, janina, Shawn, AWK, shadi, Katie_Haritos-Shea
Present: CharlesL Joanmarie_Diggs Tzviya_Siegman JaeunJemmaKu Judy George janina Shawn AWK shadi Katie_Haritos-Shea tzviya MichaelC Jeanne_Spellman
Regrets: George Joanie Kathy JaEun
Found Scribe: janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina
Found Scribe: Judy
Inferring ScribeNick: Judy
Found Scribe: Janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina
Scribes: janina, Judy
ScribeNicks: janina, Judy
Found Date: 08 May 2019
People with action items: michael

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]