10 Apr 2019


Michael_Lagally, Zoltan_Kis, Michael_Mccool, Daniel_Peintner, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster, Matthias_Kovatsch, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi
Matthias, McCool
mkovatsc_, mlagally


scribenick: mlagally

Quick updates from AC meeting

McCool gave a 10 min preso, this has been uploaded to WoT repo
... we discussed scheduling and talked to TAG chairman as well
... testing call will be cancelled today (Apr. 10)


Sebastian: PC call next Monday 3pm CEST
... please register for open day
... limited seating, so please be quick

<mkovatsc_> scribenick: mkovatsc_


McCool: would like to talk about demos

<sebastian> share your demos for the open day wot workshop here https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/workshop/ws2/demos-2019-Munich/README.md

Lagally: There are demos at the W3C WoT Workshop
... we should start with what we had at the PlugFests
... there is a README to get started
... will talk about this next week


scribenick: mlagally

TAG review process

McCool: TAG phone conference is scheduled for April 17th - we have to wait for that before we can do CR transition
... I talked to Accessibility etc. contacts, we can still manage transition to REC if we don't do any more changes
... we should be aiming to transition asap after the TAG phone conference

TF updates

* TD

Sebastian: We had discussion on simplified vs. full version of TD. Will hold back with this naming, since this causes confusion
... we decided to omit this naming - there is a new section explaining the serialisation. There will be a section on interpreting the HTTP binding, however we won't describe other protocols.
... There may be some side-documents in the future for other protocols.
... Plan for Friday: Incorporating feedback from the CoRAL group, wrt. naming, vocabulary changes

McCool: Process discussion from AC - there seems to be a need for incremental updates to standards. There is no official process yet, however we are a good candidate.

Koster: We could create a document for each process

McCool: we could submit an update, and if nobody complains within 180 days, it could be in place
... we should consider this new process going forward

Sebastian: Timeline: finish protocol handling today, working with Victor and Ege - major goal is solving any open issues until end of this week

McCool: we should aim for CR transition at the end of next week

Sebastian: @context is now a mandatory term, namespace has been updated, we relied on Manu's proposal with a year and version tag

McCool: all our TDs will fail
... however adding the @context to TDs is not a big change
... it would be good if each implementation would add it, perhaps do it after Friday

<mkovatsc_> scribenick: mkovatsc_

* Architecture

Lagally: we merged PRs
... have an open PR on terminology
... we are still working on the document
... discussion on use cases whether client/server roles should be defined here
... update coming in to align with terminology updates
... some figure updates

McCool: I will be travelling, so I cannot attend
... appendix with protocol exchanges should move over to Binding Templates document, will open issue

Lagally: document should be ready for CR transition until end of next week

McCool: need feeback from TAG and then transition to CR on Friday, 19th
... will probably need a resolution by e-mail or have resolution on Thursday, 18th

Lagally: we will do resolution for the Architecture call on Thursday, 18th

* Binding Templates

Koster: moved table for HTTP to TD document
... binding document will not be normative, but provide implementation guidance
... I will need 1-2 weeks to get the document changes done
... There are no specifics meetings any more
... A meeting for review can be set up separately

McCool: should clean up after the CR transitions

Koster: makes sense to prioritize CR transitions and then work on the other documents
... help for the document is welcome

* Scripting API

Zoltan: send out a status mail
... have a PR with major rework of the API
... discussion on URI variables, more in the email, or comment in Issue or directly on the PR
... no TAG review needed for group note
... but recommended for APIs

(Sebastian leaves)

McCool: I am sure we want to publish API document and there is something in the charter
... a presentation on the new design would be helpful
... zoltan, will you submit something to the workshop?

Zoltan: yes, will submit, but no confirmation if I can attend

McCool: will go over the design in the main call

<McCool> no problem

<McCool> just said that in two weeks, let's have a pres

<McCool> and in the meantime people should post comments

* Security

<McCool> next topics

<zkis> we need a more aggressive timeline, since we target publishing a new WD in May

McCool: no major changes
... will look at penetration tests soon

<McCool> security: will discuss penetration testing in our next call

<McCool> and schedule that in the next month

<McCool> next: mlagally, feel free to talk about demo scenarios

Demo Scenarios

Lagally: high-level summary in the README
... mostly placeholders at the moment


Lagally: please put all your input into this file
... main point: we need to show a demo that goes across multiple vendors to demonstrate successfully
... we could have one demo per use case
... we will discuss next week in the call
... also collect tools
... need to set up a Hangout again to show remote Things
... add links to the Documentation section
... also specify your local requirements for your demo (power outlets, wired network, etc.)



Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/04/16 17:50:10 $