06 Dec 2018


Jennie, stevelee, JohnRochford, kirkwood, Glenda, alastairc, Lisa_, Roy, Rachael
janina, EA, abby


ftf https://docs.google.com/document/d/18TJ8JAC0u0Fa64MnONOA2Cs8MBTcJQxfnFDqK6KVxD0/edit#

<Lisa_> scribe: Glenda

Lisa: finalizing plans for Face-to-Face

Dates and location finalied. Jan 28-29, 2019. Location: Southampton, UK See more details here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18TJ8JAC0u0Fa64MnONOA2Cs8MBTcJQxfnFDqK6KVxD0/edit#heading=h.t43nojebo34p

Lisa: see preliminary agenda in google doc (for travel planning)

JohnR: for me, know what we will be discussing, will help me determine if I will attend in person

Jennie: Another thing that would help is if I have start/end times of meeting.

<kirkwood> Agreed, I would need times as well. thank you

MichaelC: W3C policy is to have metting details 8 weeks in advance.

JohnR: is there going to be a remote possibility for attendance?

<kirkwood> likewise

Jennie: can we document when “in person attendance will be very, very, very important for productive participation)
... if we have times, clear agenda, and why face-to-face is needed.
... I will need to understand all budget details for expenses too (including meals)

<JohnRochford> John admires Glenda's use of y'all with U.K. folks.

<Lisa_> aganda?

updates cfc's

Alastair - put out cfc last week. unanimous decision.

Lisa: Thanks to Janina for her support on this too. Lots of effort from all. Thanks to all for your help in making this happen. We should have updated publications as early as next week.
... We have standing permission to update the working draft…without a delay waiting for permission. The next time we will need permission…is when we want to move to a recommendation.

Alastair: We want to find objections before we go to a vote for finalizing it as a consensus recommendation.

timelines https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page#Timelines

Lisa: review draft of our timeline
... assume we do face-to-face at end of January. Then come back and complete follow-up items. Then have next publication in Feb 2019. realistic, or too optimistic?

<kirkwood> yes

Is Silver ready for us to contribute?

Alastair: I believe some members of the group should keep an eye on Silver and be involved. This group has a lot of value to add.

Lisa: We need to make sure our hard cases fit into the proposed Silver structure. So, it is important to look at it now.

Rachael: do we have a list of what is considered the “hardest” things to get into Silver?

Lisa: We had listed the top 3. JohnR had worked on “accessibile authentication” - structurally easier case.
... Then we were thinking of “Design Patterns” as a very hard one.
... Another challenging one is “Plain Language”

<Lisa_> resolution to priding examples for silver

Alastiar: EA also mentioned “White Space” as a good one for Silver.

Lisa: any objections?

<kirkwood> no objection

+1 support of testing some of our hard cases in Silver. And big thanks to all currently working on it.


<Lisa_> who can attend on the 20th

<Jennie> Either is fine

<kirkwood> 27th and the 3rd would include new years

Lisa: I think we should take off 2 weeks

<Lisa_> we will take off 27th and the 3rd would include new years

<Lisa_> https://github.com/w3c/coga/blob/master/issue-papers/wayfinding-indoors.html

<kirkwood> sure

<kirkwood> I think JR and I did coordinate

design guide https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJE2C0FzzzXgydEp0MNGSdDDvUTTsANViUVvciFK36k/edit# and

<Lisa_> https://w3c.github.io/coga/design/

Lisa: we have design guide that is full of things we couldn’t get in to WCAG 2.1. This is advice to authors. It is not intended to be testable. It is meaningful guidance to creating good content/design to reduce cognitive friction.

<Lisa_> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJE2C0FzzzXgydEp0MNGSdDDvUTTsANViUVvciFK36k/edit#

Lisa: we have editor notes that show were work still needs to be done. We are actively doing the writing in a google doc. Then after we are happy with it (as a group)…then we put it into github
... Jennie worked on “2.3.9 Toolbars and controls do not disappear” at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJE2C0FzzzXgydEp0MNGSdDDvUTTsANViUVvciFK36k/edit#heading=h.dgd1m22rf

Jennie: Is the focus of 2.3.9..when you are unaware of a control unless you are interacting with it?

Lisa: Yes.

(2.3.10 Sub-menu items that are clearly associated with the main menu items under which they fall.) - is related to (2.3.9 Toolbars and controls do not disappear)


Lisa: nope, these are two different items.

<kirkwood> yes

<Jennie> Thank you! :)

<kirkwood> .. yup you’re right. yes template would be useful

Lisa: John Kirkwood, would you like to try and write “2.3.10 Sub-menu items that are clearly associated with the main menu items under which they fall.”

JohnK - yes

Lisa: need someone to review Chunk Media

Rachael, I’ll take a try.

Lisa: It is here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJE2C0FzzzXgydEp0MNGSdDDvUTTsANViUVvciFK36k/edit# (Look for Chunk Media)

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/12/06 16:02:58 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/nave/have/
Present: Jennie stevelee JohnRochford kirkwood Glenda alastairc Lisa_ Roy Rachael
Regrets: janina EA abby
Found Scribe: Glenda
Inferring ScribeNick: Glenda

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]