Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

05 Dec 2018


Joanmarie_Diggs, irfan, janina, Becka11y, MichaelC


<scribe> scribe: becka11y

Agenda Review & Announcements

Janina: any additional items?

<joanie> https://www.w3.org/2018/12/03-tag-nominations

Janina: encouraging AC members to vote for TAG reps
... Irfan and I have shared draft emails to go to IG about new task force on speech/pronounciation

Irfan: had a round table meeting to discuss new task force and had some folks interested; forwarded them info on how to join this WG and the task force

Michael: lasted email draft needs more formatting

Janina: email formatting seems to vary, suggest using just ASCII with asterisk for list, etc.
... can send to IG, APA, chair’s list. Where else can we send? Blog? announcment on W3C?

Michael: blog entry if we want that would be a copy of this email message; can request mention on WAI home page

Janina: believes it is worth sharing around; want to hit publishing as well

Irfan: have personal contacts at Pearson, etc. so looking for more emails, info to share about joining APA

Michael: created a boilerplate for that

Janina: Pearson is easy - they are a member; rep needs to contact Michael to add people to task force

Irfan: Met someone from GSA that was asking about more info and has others who may be interested in joining; Will talk to them this week or next

Janina: recruite widely!

Michael: had an announcement on APA home page in Nov. and will extend to Dec.
... asks Janina to create placeholder blog entry and Michael will plug in the email data (then it will credit Janina as the creator)

Janina: main focus of pronounciation task for for December is recruiting so we can be rolling by mid to late Jan.

Next and future meetings

Janina: 2 meetings after today - Dec 12 and 19th; NO meeting on 12/26 nor Jan 2.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

Michael: Geometry interfaces module level 1

<MichaelC> Geometry Interfaces Module Level 1

Michael: just went to CR; last published in 2014; published by CSS WG; basic CSS interfaces to render basic shapes

Joanie: wonders if these end up in accessibility tree?

Michael: suspects not in accessibility tree;

Joanie: worries that if it isn’t in the accessibility tree not all users may know about it

Michael: seems like more of a WCAG issue to define objects

Joanie: this could be similar to generated content in CSS (which is problematic)

Michael: this is an API; not sure how it differs from transformations

Janina: seems like we need to track; sounds like we are worried that this might hide info from AT users; which suggests an accessibility statement

Michael: doesn’t necessarily hide info; but it allows rendering things that might convey meaning but are not natively exposed to accessibility tree
... since it is a API not so worried; more concerned with other specs that rely on this API

Janina: ask CSS task force to review;

Michael: will file an issue to review Geometric interfaces

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/31

<MichaelC> CSS Fragmentation Module Level 3

Michael: CSS fragmentation module level 3
... concerned this could have CSS navigation issues; went to CR in Feb 2017; published as CR again yesterday; we still haven’t looked at it
... detailed changelog has several clarifications; We had asked CSS task force to review - suggest we push them to complete
... There may be no issues but we need to complete the review and note that if it is the case

Janina: Regarding community groups; want to consider adding a column to our existing page to include the name of the person who is tracking/responsible


Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/12/05 17:43:24 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/members/reps/
Succeeded: s/emails/email data/
Succeeded: s/text in CSS/generated content in CSS/
Present: Joanmarie_Diggs irfan janina Becka11y MichaelC
Found Scribe: becka11y
Inferring ScribeNick: Becka11y
Found Date: 05 Dec 2018
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]