29 Nov 2018


present, janina, stevelee, Lisa, kirkwood, MichaelC, Roy, EA



<Lisa> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Nov/0018.html

<Lisa> https://w3c.github.io/coga/design/

<Jennie> +present

<Lisa> scribe: stevelee


<scribe> scribe: stevelee

y: Thanks to Alastair we have a CFC for the splitting out content usable

All of us on TF can vote via AG or APA working groups

<Lisa> cfc going on

jan: vote in both wgs if member of both

<kirkwood> thank you, sorry. so we need to vote before midnight boston time Tuesday

jan: we have until midnight Boston time Tues

<Lisa> https://docs.google.com/document/d/18TJ8JAC0u0Fa64MnONOA2Cs8MBTcJQxfnFDqK6KVxD0/edit

Moving forward with the design guide

<Lisa> https://docs.google.com/document/d/18TJ8JAC0u0Fa64MnONOA2Cs8MBTcJQxfnFDqK6KVxD0/edit

ea: Alastair and EA agreed on F2F at Southampton
... w3c office agree 28th/29th Jan 2019
... have room

<Jennie> I can attend remotely.

<Lisa> ACTION: lisa seeman to make ftf to list

ea: MC will help with admin but lisa to send to list and EA to put in F2F google doc

<trackbot> Created ACTION-297 - Seeman to make ftf to list [on Lisa Seeman-Kestenbaum - due 2018-12-06].

ls: need to decide cut off date so people can book

ls: terms document needs work so could add to the F2F agenda to help

EA's paper

ls: about "Item 2: Moving forward with the design guide" taken up"

<Lisa> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page#Layer_3._Making_it_better

<Lisa> : https://w3c.github.io/coga/content-usable/

<Lisa> https://w3c.github.io/coga/design/

ls: wiki page describes 3 layers of the docs and Design Guide are for people who want techniques now

   ... content usable is 1st draft and needs work. Some sections have content, not all

<Lisa> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJE2C0FzzzXgydEp0MNGSdDDvUTTsANViUVvciFK36k/edit#

  ... we created new content in this google doc

  ... need to make entries consistent in approach and format as they vary

<Lisa> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/coga/master/design/index.html

 sl: can do one by tomorrow

<Jennie> I can complete mine by end of day on Monday

<Lisa> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/coga/master/design/index.html

sl: The design guide has editor comments indicating what needs to be worked on

jennie: is it ok to put references to user testing

ls: put as examples using the template in later sections

jk: I can help with brain injury terminology

<Lisa> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1poEoQjuWdAfWM3aOGPCwJRx7EvBsAtQ_99sGyS9Jlgc/edit

ea: where can we put varying international naming of groups omewhere

ls: yes use the terms document and we decide on one term we use with mapping to others

lea can we automatically search for terms in docs?

sl: I can update wiki page on documents to make it a complete list of all docs.

jennie: am fine with updating design guide

ls: am also happy will choose another one as source content is missing in Chunk Media

ea: the mental heath document is largely ?? work

jennie: thinks excellent but has question on the section on content

       ..."using colour purposely" would be clearer than current
... suggest examples of triggers e.g. vets are sensitive to gunshots

ea: will make updates
... thinks needs re purposing for our use

jennie: need to expand "WHO"

<kirkwood> yes

ea: should we now go on to google docs for TF editing? Lisa says yes

ls: forms -> the less info the better

ea: yes in the case for explanatory text - should not be too long

lisa: more about too many pieces of content asked for

ea: why don't we start working on google doc from now

<Jennie> Notifications and alerts?

lisa: distractions with pinging can cause depression - largely outside WCAG remit
... but this is an issue paper so we can record it as a general ICT issu

jennie: sometimes get duplicate notification if have O365 and local exchange say
... as early in our pipeline we can make very general recommendations - say for phone manufacturers to add a silence except emergencies

janina: we need to be careful to keep scope to Web.

jk: the crux ability is to "return" to task as more and more distractions pull attention away

jan: web platform might help you manage a wider environment and could be in scope

<Jennie> I have to sign off as I have another meeting.

ls: forum people management might be a useful subtopic

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: lisa seeman to make ftf to list

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/11/29 16:19:44 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: present janina stevelee Lisa kirkwood MichaelC Roy
Regrets: E.A.
Found Scribe: stevelee
Inferring ScribeNick: stevelee
Found Scribe: stevelee
Inferring ScribeNick: stevelee

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: lisa seeman

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]