Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

28 Nov 2018


jasonjgw, janina, scott_h


<scribe> scribe: janina

Domain-specific content - summarizing themes from the literature.

<jasonjgw> Janina: domain-specific has various meanings, and we need to provide an up-the-top explanation.

janina: Need to contextualize our use of the term "domain," which by itself isn't sufficiently explanatory

jgw: Suggests pointer to APA Issue #9


<jasonjgw> Janina suggests making that reference would be useful.

janina: Else a useful outline of issues that have been discovered

<jasonjgw> Janina suggests we may need to add to/maintain this as we progress. The wiki page identifies many of the issues that need to be addressed - there is a need to understand architecturally how markup for domain-specific content should work on the Web.

jgw: Invites additions, edits, etc., etc

sh: Have been mostly looking at music, but will add to this wiki soon
... Agree on the approach in the wiki

jgw: Suggests another week to refine and add to the wiki

<jasonjgw> Janina: has a list of W3C contributors interested in this topic (derived from TPAC discussions) who can be notified of this work.

jgw: Offers to help pull a community together for wider work
... Will also summarize in message to WAICC & JB

Miscellaneous (CAPTCHA draft, etc.).

janina: No rewrite yet

<jasonjgw> Janina is still working on updating the CAPTCHA draft. Scott is aware of additional work on CAPTCHA relevant to the draft.

sh: At my conference I was asked about something called "captcha3"

<scott_h> reCAPTCHA v3: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/v3

sh: Asking whether we should cover this before next draft?

jgw: Will coordinate with Janina -- though reluctant to commit much

<scott_h> OZeWAI highlights and video links: http://www.hollier.info/ozewai2018/

<jasonjgw> Janina: we should look at rlevant updated information about work form Google in this area. Janina is also in a position to test any CAPTCHA schemes of interest, using different OS/browser/AT combinations.

jgw: Many approaches discussed in the research lit don't have sites associated where one can go test

sh: Also am asked why W3C things take so long?

[discussion of review timing]

[agreement that review will go through mid February]

jgw: Confirming with Scott that people were very interested in the captcha doc, and eager to see it move forward

sh: Still a passionate topic for people

jgw: Anything else?

<jasonjgw> Janina suggests there's a strong case for more thinking about navigation, including follow-up work arising from coordination with the CSS Accessibility Task Force.

<jasonjgw> Janina: no additional issues yet for the Task Force form an APA perspective.

<jasonjgw> Janina: they're working on existing action items.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/11/28 14:51:04 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: jasonjgw, janina, scott_h
Present: jasonjgw janina scott_h
Regrets: Dave
Found Scribe: janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 28 Nov 2018
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]