Silver Community Group Teleconference

14 Sep 2018


KimD, jeanne, JF, Charles, Lauriat, johnkirkwood, Cyborg, jemma, Jan, shari


<johnkirkwood> could we put link in IRC?

<johnkirkwood> no problem

<jeanne> Charles will work on an alternative to the Flavors prototype that is based on the Design Sprint Table 4

is that Mike Crabbe on IRC, just not on call?

oh ok thanks

it would be great to have Jan on board


should we put the link here for conformance documents?

<JF> +1 - images have "different" value on any given page

this is the document Jeanne is referring to: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aBoQ1HDindVnFk_7Ljp-whpK3zAiqAdgJxsgpqsNpgU/edit

accompanying document about conformance: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13v22c045j4QfUlohjyu-kz46smamXavL-pIndWetel0/edit#heading=h.iiss7iaaih70

another conformance document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oDwnAe4joflDH5EEGxaxZijTjrw8JjDoX-e2KscDfZU/edit#heading=h.kar32v9pyq9g

and then there's a spreadsheet still under early development

who else is joining conformance group?

<johnkirkwood> could we put plain language link, I would be interested

<shari> i'm also interested

Shari - in the conformance model? great!

or in plain language?

<shari> in plain language

<Charles> Found the description of the Design Sprint prototype that I will work on. See “outline” section at the very end of this doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zTij1pH9NumEmMJoTFlsnpkUHpM6SmP852jmkNDjAd0/edit?usp=sharing … and the CodePen example of it: https://codepen.io/hallmedia/pen/zWpoEd

i think this was Angela's latest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D-4Uro0KX_Q4BtsPblIgyHc2AVKeW8Bq3VeBMkXd_Do/edit

<Charles> so, a presentation of a usability testing plan that includes goals; stakeholder / participant recruiting objectives; rough calendar / timeline; and next steps

i thought there was a desire to start testing in late September

<jeanne> Cyborg: Can the task based assessment be a separate prototype, or does it have to stay in Conformance? I think we need to work with Information Architecture to make sure that task based assessment and guidance fits in.

<jeanne> Charles: That is the difficulty in working on a number of prototypes at once, that the IA may not be taking into account the other prototypes.

<jeanne> ... anything that we have to validate, then we have to announce that we are iterating on it.

<jeanne> Cybele: We need more information on task-based assessment

<jeanne> Shawn: We need to give more examples than the Design Sprint.

are there others who are not on the call who might want to help?

<jeanne> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BGr0XSQgjBSVDG_Xn9MoodEq01cJxgg_EE0bniXONXM/edit

here's the drawing: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1uebx3tpkt2dGZaV8GnWVw-LBLE_u9bOtlHH09HVAjTs/edit

can you please post it?

here's version 4: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bjok_peliF1KathO-4AncI46z5ZqVFJ8q06s4W-TaiA/edit

where's this unversioned one?

<johnkirkwood> sorry jeanne I had to drop off for 3:30

<johnkirkwood> best to all, JK.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/09/14 20:28:26 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: KimD jeanne JF Charles Lauriat johnkirkwood Cyborg jemma Jan shari
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Cyborg
Inferring Scribes: Cyborg

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 14 Sep 2018
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]