13 Sep 2018


Jennie, alastairc, Glenda
E.A., Draffan


<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> scribe: alastairc

<scribe> scribe: alastairc


Lisa: We're trying to move to the next publication, hopefully this month.
... Alastair & Janina are creating "Calls for Consensus" for the two parent groups (Accessibility Guidelines & APA)

<steve> Sorry I was late - webEx problems

Lisa: it is an itterative process, so people can review as we are going.

update on gap analisis review https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aNl2uIkNlbch1QXoBHY675DC9vnOuoKFq20arP1q3Oo/edit

<steve> Can't open link

Lisa: Main gap analysis for people inside W3C, we're confortable with that, we've some comments left, but happy to move forward with that.
... Were there comments?

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aNl2uIkNlbch1QXoBHY675DC9vnOuoKFq20arP1q3Oo/edit

Shari: I went through simplifying the language, I couldn't get to all of it though.

Lisa: Shari has made good headway, I suggest we publish and carry on improving the document.

<kirkwood> +1


<shari> +1

<Jennie> +1

<Jan> +1

easy read summary https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Sep/0024.html

Lisa: Does this need another itteration?

(Editing doc discusion)

frount mater thread?

Shari: We need to keep the terminology consistent from the summary to the rest of the doc.

Lisa: We can keep the common terms, but explain them better in the abstract
... We should move onto the design, the front-matter isn't a bottleneck
... For the design requirements, I don't think we're ready for final review yet. Jennie and Steve volunteered to fill in some of the urgent ones.

Steve: been good, but struggle to find examples sometimes.

Lisa: don't always need examples.

<steve> Provide summary of long documents (Steve)

<Jennie> Make it clear what are controls and how they should be used

<steve> Provide summary of long documents

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#heading=h.89ua76s0tkzb

Lisa: I've added some editors notes

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> Editor's note: This design requirement needs more work. This may include:

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> Making it easier to understand

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> Fitting it to our template

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> Adding more information

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> Use symbols that help the user

Alastair: Just wondering if it's better to list the ones that aren't ready yet? Rather than include content that we haven't been through fully.

Lisa: Would people prefer to include them as an early draft?

Jan: Benefit of having them in there as a placeholder means we don't forget. Concerned we should be trying to tie the research in, which we won't have ready in time?

<Glenda> +1 to Jan’s idea…of having a “coming soon” section

<Jennie> +1 to Jan's idea.

Steve: If it's in there it's taken as correct, we might forget they need the updating...

Lisa: They are all researched, and they have links to the github area.
... the proposal was to have this rather big editors note at the top of each one.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> Editor's note: This design requirement needs more work. This may include:

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> Making it easier to understand

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> Fitting it to our template

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> Adding more information

Lisa: the other is to have an editors note on each one.

Jennie: For me, when I have to sift through, which ones do I need to follow, it's difficult to navigate that and organise it in my head, it's a cognitive load issue.

Steve: Inline makes it harder, could be bulky, makes the document even bigger.

Lisa: I think the less-edited ones will be shorter for now, they dont' have the examples in.

<kirkwood> would footnotes work?

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> in line with edotrs note

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> +1

<kirkwood> +1 on inline

-0.5, would just prefer to put the fully-baked ones in, and hold back the un-edited ones.

<janina> +1

<steve> +0.5

<Glenda> -0.5 (cognitive load to sift when reviewing what is further baked)

<Jan> -1 inline

Lisa: we can revisit if we don't like how it comes out.

proposal for new look https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vajEx9BCv02snDwP7XRcUrB3mbJlz_4qkeBEto3Unqs/edit#

Lisa: This doc is to demo how the show/hide "more" links could work.
... The mockup with elements open, shows it is quite long.

<Glenda> I like Mock Up (1)

Lisa: then another mockup (2), which has the design requirements list in an area on the right.
... Do we like these openable closable things?

<Jan> Sorry - I have to drop for another meeting.

<Jennie> I have to drop for another meeting too.

<shari> I have to go to another meeting.

Glenda: Preferences on this will be different for different people. The functionality of seeing it condensed and expanded is very valuable. The affordances will be a design preferences. Would be cool if we agree it is good to do, we get a designer to work on it. Might need more than one version, with a prefernce.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> do we like this direction?

Lisa: Do we like this direction?

<kirkwood> Geting a designer I think is a very very very good idea

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> steve: likes it

Steve: who's going to see this? Online and interactive is good, becomes it's own summary. As a developer I'd prefer that.

<Glenda> +1 (like this direction) thinking it will end up looking like WCAG Quick Reference - https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/quickref/)

Alastair: I like it, think it would need to go under /wai/, like the quickref.

<Glenda> And the “expand all”….is an additional option. Love it!

trackbot end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/09/13 15:05:42 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/For the design requirements/Lisa: For the design requirements/
Succeeded: s/Jeanne/Jennie/
Default Present: Jennie, alastairc, Glenda
Present: Jennie alastairc Glenda
Regrets: E.A. Draffan
Found Scribe: alastairc
Inferring ScribeNick: alastairc
Found Scribe: alastairc
Inferring ScribeNick: alastairc

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]