30 Aug 2018


LisaSeemanKestenbaum, Jennie, Roy, kirkwood, shari, janina


<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/processfeedback/?

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> d https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#heading=h.gmpmiu9yrnze

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ssteve do you know how to call in

Lisa: wanted Steve to be here, Roy to ping

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> scribe: kirkwood

Lisa: introduction Jennie

updates wcag process review, last week. etc

<steve> now - trying to recover my password so link in email works

Jennie: thanks accessibility analysis state of minesota office ofg accessibility

Lisa: great need more hands on deck


Lisa: Steve just joined

Roy: China W3C staff

Steve: developer consultant working in cognitive disability

Janina: chair of APA WG one of the parent groups of COGA. loooong time of experience ;)

Lisa: giving orientation to group
... we are a task force part of WCAG and APA
... positioned to make impact with content providers and backend support is there
... WCAG 2.1 took much time but impact we had could have been more

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://w3c.github.io/coga/gap-analysis/

Lisa: two things working on right now Gap analysis
... appendix we are working on at same time

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://w3c.github.io/coga/gap-analysis/#appendix-making-content-usable-for-people-with-cognitive-and-learning-disabilities

Lisa: previous version for content develops
... less focused on how testable for designers to guid on what to do
... publish in hithub
... as a group find google docs to work with to start
... then move to github
... come as you are, open to people with cog disabilities, don’t worry about saying if you have isssues
... userful to let know if you can’t manage this
... need to recruit more people

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/processfeedback/?

Lisa: people with web standards and cognitive interest

first item is the web feedback for 2.1 processes

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/processfeedback/?

Lisa: getting feedback would be helpful
... please put in any changes that you think need to happen

updatestimelines https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page#Timelines

Lisa: this is a good orientation piece
... it will jump to timeline section. we have a timeline for version 3. wnat to publish august sptember

LS: finding way around , work on design requirments , processing issues
... working on gap analysis and how to make content useful

Steve: not sure focus at moment

LS: we need to publish next working draft of gap anaylsis

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://w3c.github.io/coga/gap-analysis/

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://w3c.github.io/coga/gap-analysis/#appendix-making-content-usable-for-people-with-cognitive-and-learning-disabilities

LS: splitting off appendix link abofve
... meant to be publishing next draft. split inot 2 Gap anaylis for W3c people appendix is for a much wider audience
... just asking permission to split into 2 from W3C
... web content and w#c people as the two aduiences
... how to make content useful


Jennie: haven’t had a chance to review but great lead in to go onto next

gap analisis proof reading https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aNl2uIkNlbch1QXoBHY675DC9vnOuoKFq20arP1q3Oo/edit#

LS: this is last published version on git hub. we have a work in progress in google doc because it is easier
... w3c are better at github
... worth doing so you don’t have to deal with github
... first finish proof reading then easier to make summary
... see changes by Jan and Sheri

Shari: think more simplification should happen
... i have put in comments where simplification needed

LS: we should go through them
... this is w3c target document and Janina can be very helpful
... steve i saw wanted to put in doc

Steve: i can put comments in this docuemnt

LS: this is the fist half going to the w3C think of WCAG as target audience

sorry my audio went out cnt scribe sorry sorry

lost audio


LS: this doc takes all proposals rewrting them in a more thorough way
... what we have done we have tried to take a few and write them up
... wondering if can allocate some to Steve and Jenie maybe on call next week sometime. look at some in this document and see what you’d like to do
... I’m going to schedule a call and anyone welcome to join
... how much do we want to delay pub, next working draft or put note by ones we haven’t done yet

Steve: in this document?

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#heading=h.g5wb4i3bus6l

this is a direct link to provide feedback one is original and what we did with issue

LS: getting started is really like A in WCAG
... Jeanes would map to techniques, what we could do is have a picture
... can have an example of a good page and a bad page
... don’t have to use a picture but you can use one. technical details on the top
... what importqant is box underneath issues for next draft
... make sure put in if good enough to go into next working draft

Jeannie: if you could point to an example

Lisa: we are using the first one as an example

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#heading=h.729zggqj0s8d

Lisa: make the purpose of you page clear we are starting with
... use clear title etc

LS: we’ve got more testable language. hopefully can look at examples
... just written a clarifyin sentence, its good to talk it over
... a general question, how long do we want to delay getting them all in?
... we can put editors notes in to ensure continue to work on it
... like to get most important ones, like provide help .probable like 3 or 4 need to be broken up
... opinion on how to handle
... meant to publish in August or September

Steve: how many do we have to do?

LS: weve got more, maybe 10 or 15 left and probalb y all neeed a good review

Staeve: a good months work

LS: less time on gettting all in or more time on review
... … is the question

Steve: see whats important otherwise start doing the review

LS: I’ll make a list of ones not done yet

Steve: help is one

LS: yes getting hel is a very important one


LS: give it another tow weeks sound reasonable?


Janina: I think publishing often is more important even with editors notes. need to clear notes before finalized

LS: I’ll priortize
... we will be a bit late, but still need to more to html which will be difficult
... lets try and prioritize
... probably easier to organize a call while on phone
... call to help to fill out

Jennie: i’d like a call aon tuesday

time was 1500 soolo

What is that in EST?

LS: we will have a call and i will send it to the list for timing on Tuesday
... in the meantime those to look at the ones we have in the document and add comments

Ls; happy to give 2 minutes back!

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/08/30 14:58:37 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: LisaSeemanKestenbaum Jennie Roy kirkwood shari janina
Found Scribe: kirkwood
Inferring ScribeNick: kirkwood

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]