Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

15 Aug 2018


Joanmarie_Diggs, janina, Léonie, Jonny, Becka11y, MichaelC, gottfried, IanPouncey, jonny_james
Léonie, janina, Léoniezakim, close this item


<LJWatson> scribe: Léonie

Agenda Review; New member welcome; Announcements

<LJWatson> JS: Standard agenda

<LJWatson> ... We have new people joining us.

<LJWatson> ... Will go around the channel for introductions.

<LJWatson> ... I've tried to simplify the agenda announcements.

<LJWatson> ... If you miss the time conversion information, do let me know.

<MichaelC> Note the telecon info page has a link to time zone conversion

<LJWatson> MC: The telecon information page has a link to a time converter.

<LJWatson> JS: Other agenda items?

<LJWatson> LW: Can we talk about WebEx accessibility?

WebEx accessibility

<janina> scribe: janina

lw: Noticed webex web interface has been updated. Was unable to login using webrtc plus screen reader

lb: Buttons inaccessible--drop down not doing it

mc: Notes link to classic view--should be the old reliable
... Seems to remember your preference, too

lb: Filed many issues

mc: Need to keep the pressure up--MIT probably in violation of its own policies

<LJWatson> scribe: Léoniezakim, close this item

<LJWatson> LW: Lots of orgs are moving away from WebEx, and Zoom seems to be a common alternative.

<LJWatson> ... Has reasonable accessibility too I belive.

<LJWatson> JS: Also an accessibility possibility, which is encouraging.

<LJWatson> MC: A problem is that MIT pays for the WebEx we use, and W3C does not have budget to spend on a different solution.

TPAC 2018 & Developer Demos https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2018

<LJWatson> JS: Léonie, we want to meet with WebPlat.

<LJWatson> ... Very little on the agenda so far.

<LJWatson> ... We have a Monday overlap with WebPlat.

<LJWatson> ... Though could maybe find time on Friday, with agreement with ARIA.

<LJWatson> ... Topics include:

<LJWatson> 1. Personalisation Semantics

<LJWatson> 2. Publishing (TTML, WebVTT) and HTML

<LJWatson> ... Particularly synchronised media using HTML.

<LJWatson> 3. Math on the web.

<LJWatson> LW: Would be good to know how long we want for the meeting.

<LJWatson> JS: Two hours would be good.

<LJWatson> LW: Two hours is unlikely I'm afraid.

<LJWatson> ... Would an hour work?

<LJWatson> JS: We can prioritise.

<LJWatson> LW: I'll look at the WebPlat agenda and let you know ASAP.

Upcoming Workshops & CSUN Planning

<LJWatson> JS: The Permissions workshop is happening in San Diego.

<MichaelC> W3C Workshop on Permissions and User Consent

<LJWatson> ... There are accessibility matters relating to this, so it would be good if someone could attend.

<LJWatson> ... Look for a message relating to this on the p-apa list.

<MichaelC> user consent - How is consent given in a way that does not reveal that a person has a disability? How can basic a11y principles, like undo permissions that have been given by accident, be implemented?

<MichaelC> bundling of permissions - How are they presented to people with cognitive impairments?

<MichaelC> UIs and controls - How to make them easily understandable, perceivable, operable. Visible for low-vision people…

<MichaelC> special considerations for systems that use the browser as a pass-through (e.g. EME and Web Authentication) - Would that also apply to assistive technologies?

<MichaelC> Permissions/consent APIs often include timeouts - e.g. if you don't fill in this form within five minutes you have to start over.

<LJWatson> ... There is also an Authentication workshop coming up.

<LJWatson> ... Lastly, want to look ahead to APA presentations at CSUN.

CSS Update

<LJWatson> JS: Question is where we are, and whether we'll get through the backlog?

<LJWatson> IP: Good news is that there are now two of us.

<LJWatson> ... Jonny has joined the TF.

<LJWatson> JS: We need to add Jonny to the TF.

<LJWatson> MC: Will do this.

<LJWatson> IP: We should go through the list.

<LJWatson> JS: Shall we use the actions list?

<MichaelC> CSS specs APA tracks

<LJWatson> MC: Suggest Ian look through his actions and cross-reference them.

<LJWatson> IP: The only one of note seems to be display:contents;

<MichaelC> specs that are ¨assigned¨

<LJWatson> ... Best we can do is encourage the CSS WG to add a note to the spec, describing the accessibility situation.

<LJWatson> ... We need to talk with the browser vendors, but the first step is to let developers know.

<LJWatson> MC: Tis is a strong reason to have accessibility sections in specs.

<LJWatson> +1

<LJWatson> JS: Suggest we ask the CSS WG to add a note.

<LJWatson> LW: What stage is the spec?

<LJWatson> MC: WD.

<LJWatson> IP: We'll file a Github issue, and update the action with a link to that issue.

<MichaelC> CSS TF spec reviews

<LJWatson> MC: The display:; issue doesn't seem to be included in either of these places ^^.

<MichaelC> display:contents breaks accessibility

<LJWatson> IP: It isn't really a review, it's more an issue we're investigating.

<LJWatson> MC: It does relate to a review though.

<LJWatson> ... Oh. I filed an issue by the looks of things.

<LJWatson> ... There are another three new CSS specs to take a look at.

<MichaelC> Ian issues

<LJWatson> ... On issues assigned to you, I'm assuming you'l open issues in the CSS repo and cross-reference?

<LJWatson> IP: Yes

<LJWatson> ... There is one already, for Fonts I think.

<LJWatson> ... There was someone else interested in joining the TF.

<LJWatson> ... Amy Carney.

<LJWatson> MC: Doesn't ring a bell.

<LJWatson> IP: I'll send over the request/info again.

<LJWatson> JS: Copy me please.

<LJWatson> IP: Yes

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> CSS Box Model Module Level 3

<LJWatson> MC: CSS Box Model module Level 3

<MichaelC> CSS Painting API Level 1

<LJWatson> ... CSS Painting API Level 1

<LJWatson> ... We wanted to circle back to this, after we originally reviewed it.

<MichaelC> CSS Values and Units Module Level 4

<LJWatson> ... CSS Values and Units module Level 4

<LJWatson> ... Took a quick look and didn't find anything.

<LJWatson> IP: We can take a look to be certain.

<MichaelC> HTML 5.3

<LJWatson> ... HTML5.3

<LJWatson> LW: For the moment HTML is in a holding pattern whilst the WHATWG negotiations are taking place.

<LJWatson> ... Suggest marking this request as complete, until we know the outcome of those discussions.

<LJWatson> MC: SVG2

<LJWatson> ... Went to CR without warning.

<LJWatson> LW: Think we should, and I'm happy to do it.

<MichaelC> ACTION: watson to review SVG2

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2179 - Review svg2 [on Léonie Watson - due 2018-08-22].

<MichaelC> action-2179: https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG2/

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2179 Review svg2.

<scribe> scribe: janina

<MichaelC> action-2179: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics_(SVG)_2

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2179 Review svg2.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: watson to review SVG2

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/08/15 17:00:53 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/hae new/have new/
Default Present: Joanmarie_Diggs, janina, Léonie, Jonny, Becka11y, MichaelC, gottfried, IanPouncey, jonny_james
Present: Joanmarie_Diggs janina Léonie Jonny Becka11y MichaelC gottfried IanPouncey jonny_james
Found Scribe: Léonie
Found Scribe: janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina
Found Scribe: Léoniezakim, close this item
Found Scribe: janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina
Scribes: Léonie, janina, Léoniezakim, close this item
Found Date: 15 Aug 2018
People with action items: watson

WARNING: Possible internal error: join/leave lines remaining: 
        <LJWatson> ... Jonny has joined the TF.

WARNING: Possible internal error: join/leave lines remaining: 
        <LJWatson> ... Jonny has joined the TF.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]