02 Aug 2018


JohnRochford, kirkwood, Glenda


The WCAG survey

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Sprgvsr9rFGxPyVTMar-l-eHIe5jPP6FywUkd0Jlm9E/edit?usp=sharing

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bxhXLpsqIy5p6zZHxlsSvjmhUjFqSFGCgE4eelRJxH8/edit?usp=sharing

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> email from andrew: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Jul/0032.html

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> email from andrew: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Jul/0032.html

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bxhXLpsqIy5p6zZHxlsSvjmhUjFqSFGCgE4eelRJxH8/edit?usp=sharing

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Sprgvsr9rFGxPyVTMar-l-eHIe5jPP6FywUkd0Jlm9E/edit?usp=sharing

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> \email from andrew: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Jul/0032.html

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bxhXLpsqIy5p6zZHxlsSvjmhUjFqSFGCgE4eelRJxH8/edit?usp=sharing

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Sprgvsr9rFGxPyVTMar-l-eHIe5jPP6FywUkd0Jlm9E/edit?usp=sharing

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> no quarum

<JohnRochford> I can't join the call

authentication not a good choice

<JohnRochford> Message: Meeting # is invalid or call has not started.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> thats not good

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> meeting info is https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_coga

<Roy> https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_coga

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> but i think we are ending the meeting - no quarum

Lisa: discussing potential of Mondays and schedule

Roy: this time is ok for me but later is not good

10 am is fine!

<JohnRochford> 10 am is fine!

<JohnRochford> Jan and Shari are only an hour behind, so 9 AM should be fine.

can you put the list of the ones we are chosing between, by chance?

Rochford: thinks work on accessibile autheticfication is stronger candidate

Lisa: thought what asking for to have something to test if protypes of Silver could work with our cases

Rochford: thinks might bolster case with Silver

Lisa: will ask Jeanne its a really important one these ones are harder to get in

Rochford: seems accessibile authitification those lessons learned can be used for the harder one

Lisa: exercise not get into WCAG

Rochford: thinks might make it a better candidate for WCAG

Lisa: decision ot use accessibile authentificaton for prototype Silver will do best job
... JR to tell Jeanne need more than one
... JR put forth accessible authification with extra work he’s done thinks it might be suitable
... Jeane wanted more testable cases. problem with acccessibile authicficatiion not enough testability and support it seems but don’t remember
... my concern needed to provide testable. use plain language, use familiar design we dropped that one for testability. one of those two if soeone can fcome up with prototype think those ones
... JR do you want to talk about accessible authentification?

JR: a few things think being on Silver CG on simplifying success criteria was recently asked to focus on accessibile authification since it seems only one that almost made it at A
... Jeanne had problem with the language
... since I did issue paper I know it really well. think it would be good for me to try
... not to exclusion to other testing criteria
... Lisa directed to tell Jeanne and will do that

Janina: since gateway issue it is a good one. give me the hard stuff can approach it

LS: tell Jeane if she wants edge cases these two maybe

Janina: the rest come later

LS: but for testing prototype
... i’m having a different from Jeanne we will email them. JR and Lisa to Jeanne

JR: what I did was specific issues, looking through thought problems but haven’t identified. Janina said can engage with me

Janina: think intinsicaly not a problem but could become a problem if implemented
... back end handlers with level of trust potential issue
... think we will push for it fairly hard, when implementing spec

LS: going to add two things, liasoning happens via APA cc Janina and me as well.

Janina: I do think that s the way to go

JRL not right way should do through github comments

JR: I would like to do it then after

silver requirements (see https://w3c.github.io/silver/requirements/index.html)

Janina: think accessibility impact statement is trend

LS: should take a look at design requirments
... take a look at that , the design requirments, and see if works
... next is a new draft of the gap analysis
... solve the wayfinding problems

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/new-titles-and-intros/gap-analysis/index.html

LS: clarified who its for: people who make specifications. direct people to appendix
... changed appendix to links to different sections, roy made it a standalone document
... if you see section 3 these used to be tables of user needs
... i wrote a brief introduction about making a solution. goes back to different tables. we have user needs and personalizqation symnaticw.
... I ‘d like to see comments
... ready for JR to make a usable version of this
... if want to make an easy reading changes can be small not final working draft need to make more edits. we are propbable ok with thqat

JR: we agreed as a rimeinder I would be creating and executive le3ve sommary

LS: an esay reading summary I think that would be fantstic!

JR: there is an abstract now right?

LS: yes but its a W3C abstract

design criteria https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit?usp=sharing

JR: ok wil start working on it and send a draft soon

LS: thinks it s very important and have had comments
... design criteria document
... thing would be great comments on is design requirments
... taking design requirments using hers as a template
... think Glanda’s first attempt has gone quite well
... looking a t design requirments doc. really getting these design requirments in better shape is quite useful. Glenda has done good work oon this

Glenda: was not sure if through with that one for now can take another to start on form what I’ve learned from first one

LS: useful chunks of text EA is on phone and can comment on it

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#heading=h.n3p4akmtiy7n

LS: if anyone wants to add more comment if can tak another one or two

Glensda: let me figure out next one

Glenda: what if I take chunk media. need segments

LS: for now we can change to long pieces of media can be divided into logical segments that people can jump to and go back
... that sould be good for student
... just helps make media more accessible
... good example of this done

Glenda: think Linda.com does it well breaking classes in chunks. I find it super useful when finding a bit in class

good point Glenda!

LS: EA want to take on one of these?

Lisa: JK you had two items one to write to make themse

Glenda: long video is longer than 6 minutes. people do wnat detail on what mean by long can put it into the detail

correction that was Lisa

Glenda: when we write content its too much you can ‘chill’ and go back to it
... what would be a hope to have this ready,

LS: next week would be hopeful maybe take one week after

<JohnRochford> Nice try, John K.

JK: to meke themes easier to read

LS: easier once to do thimpler wording for themes

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> scribe: kirkwood

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/08/02 15:01:44 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: JohnRochford kirkwood Glenda
Found Scribe: kirkwood

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]