SVG Working Group Teleconference

25 Jun 2018


liam_, ericwilligers, Tavmjong, AmeliaBR, krit, trackbot


<AmeliaBR> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2018Jun/0019.html


<AmeliaBR> https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/milestones

41 open in https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/milestone/4

q. - move meeting 30 minutes later

q. - move meeting 60 minutes later

return to locking the meeting to UTC

<AmeliaBR> https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt/blob/master/svg/META.yml

<Tavmjong> Tavmjong

can we get to a stable final CR in 3 months?

<scribe> scribe: liam_

ericwilligers: i think we can get the 41 issues resolved in the next 3 months

Tavmjong: +1

liam: can we get enough tests done?

ericwilligers: can't test all svg 1.1 stuff, but that's not needed for publication

liam: we only need tests for the 2.0 changes

(sounds like a resounding maybe)

liam: can we get all the editorial work done?

e.g. with long meetings

krit: tz issues

liam: more than one meeting

Tavmjong: could commit to a day or two

AmeliaBR: synchronous editing might not be helpful but if everyone can devote a week within their normal work hours, that sounds like a possible way forward

liam: yeah, i'm suggesting a dedicated time to help people get away from day job & to reduce the 24h or so delay in response, depending on timezones

AmeliaBR: i'll do my best to help by helping & reviewing but not making any commitments beyond that

Amelia suggests people tag the 41 issues as whether they need WG time or are editorial

<AmeliaBR> ...and self-assign to the "Needs Edits" issues if you are able to work on it in the next month.

liam: i propose to ask for a charter extension

to get the editing done and svg2.0 to rec

AmeliaBR: can we formally resolve to requestan extension to end of October, so as to include TPAC?

liam_: we can always ask

RESOLUTION: ask for extension

ericwilligers: also, a thanks to Bogdan

WG consensus: formal thank you to Bogdan

liam: thank you everyone. we're adjourned

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

  1. ask for extension
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/06/25 19:39:40 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/askl/ask/
Default Present: liam_, ericwilligers, Tavmjong, AmeliaBR, krit, trackbot
Present: liam_ ericwilligers Tavmjong AmeliaBR krit trackbot
Found Scribe: liam_
Inferring ScribeNick: liam_
Found Date: 25 Jun 2018
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]