Silver Community Group Teleconference

22 Jun 2018


Charles, AngelaAccessForAll, jemma, jeanne, Jennison, KimD, kirkwood, mikeCrabb
Shawn, Peter


<scribe> scribe:Jemma

Feedback from AGWG on Silver Requirements

Feedback from AGWG on Silver Requirements Updates to the

<jeanne> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/silver-requirements/results

<jeanne> https://docs.google.com/document/d/11eSnUw9iBf_07GZsna5ozj--zZx6DTATguaTv8uauEo/edit#

<jeanne> Comments without names above

jeanne: it is a good feedback. most comments are around problem statements.

<scribe> meeting:WCAG Silver TF

charles: we cannot solve the problem without saying where these problems came from.

jeanne: implication of this survey may be tranfering problem statement to uses case.

Charles and Jannison agree with this.

charles: we can say that our problem statement will be supported by use case in the doc.

<Charles> there are zero use cases listed or mentioned or linked to from the 2.0 or 2.1 requirements docs

<Charles> 2.0 requirements: https://www.w3.org/TR/2006/NOTE-wcag2-req-20060425/

<Charles> 2.1 requirements: https://w3c.github.io/wcag21/requirements/

jeanne: charles, do you think can we do more generalized use cases?

charles: yes, but generalized use cases may not that helpful.

jeanne: what is the group's consense - focusing on more problem statements?

charles: may be middle ground approach, where we can create abbreviated problem statement format.

jeanne: I think we have a short research summary problem statement somewhere.

charles: opportunity statement from problem statement can be the goal.

<jeanne> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1POs7orJ4ALB0bq5_vyo4v8RxDcr-5ctwD1noVgpXuJc/edit#slide=id.g3486333838_0_0

kim: I think it is a good idea putting emphasis on opportunity statements.

charles: each problem statement can be the opportunity statement.

Jeanne: I will try to find some time to do that for Tuesday meeting.
... q about "For #10: "Include the principles and intent of previous guidelines" to Charles

charles: this is nothing relevant to development. It is a split from the previous statement and this was misplaced.

jeanne: if we work on #10, we could include why we move some testables to measurable.
... I will work on this.

Updates to the Silver github repo

jeanne: Mike Crabb made some changes

<mikeCrabb> https://rawgit.com/w3c/silver/master/index.html

<mikeCrabb> https://rawgit.com/w3c/silver/master/prototypes/index.html

<mikeCrabb> https://github.com/w3c/silver/tree/master/prototypes

jeanne and kim: this is great

Updates to Project plan

jeanne: Angela and I sent out the plain language email and received some answers. Recipients was interested in the project.

Reminder: No meetings 3 July and 6 July


<jeanne> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-silver/2018Jun/0036.html

jeanne: I sent detailed info about TPAC.

early bird registration deadline is july 30

shawn, charles, jeanne, Jennison and some other people will join the TPAC Silver meeting

kim: is it dialing available?

jeanne: yes, I requested it. just mindful about time difference

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/06/22 18:59:31 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/this/problem statement/
Succeeded: s/it/generalized use cases/
Succeeded: s/jannison/Jennison/
Present: Charles AngelaAccessForAll jemma jeanne Jennison KimD kirkwood mikeCrabb
Regrets: Shawn Peter
Found Scribe: Jemma
Inferring ScribeNick: jemma
Found Date: 22 Jun 2018
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]