14 Jun 2018


janina, Mark_Wilcock, Roy, LisaSeemanKestenbaum, kirkwood, MichaelC, shari, Glenda, alastairc, JohnRochford, Jan


moving forward with way finding of the document.

dessimination of gap annalisis

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> scribe: alastairc

Lisa: starting with disemination of the gap-analysis, and we're seeing feedback.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mZakGwwp92Yyem4e5KW6C5fGsv0Q9aqA8Mk9rEF6nlY/edit#heading=h.5m4ofuatqs53

Lisa: if anyone knows of other people, please do add them, we don't want to send multiple ones to the same people.
... ok to send to multiple people in the same org, but not same people multiple times.
... getting some good feedback.
... the comments page shows 2 this week, which is good for this stage.
... Looking to get links from the overall WCAG landing page, on the suppliment page.
... that should be linked up soon.
... the work at hand is to add to it.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page#Timelines

Lisa: We had previously decided to do the next version of the gap analysis, with way findings, and design requirements.
... those are the three things we've committed to. There are some other things,
... updating the tables, editorial review.
... everyone confortable?

JohnR: A couple of years ago I developed a wayfinding issue paper, and I'd like to continue that work. Something good happening: have made a connection to implement a wayfinding technology in the boston transit system. Have also been asked to work with an IBM senior scientist on her wayfinding work.
... would be happy to lead the charge on this.

Lisa: Two important but separate issues, one is wayfinding in the document, the other is the issue (paper) of people wayfinding in physical environments.
... I'll try and add it to agenda in a meeting soon.
... did make a short summary in the current version, but would like to improve it when right people are on the call.

<kirkwood> very good lets coordinate wayfinding issue paper

acl j

<kirkwood> navigating is very good

JohnR: I can contact John and we can work on reconcling the work we're doing.

<kirkwood> agreed John, I can hear you.

Jan: would be good to list the research properly, improving that.

JohnR: I've got a collection of resources, I'd be happy to find more.

moving forward with way finding of the document.

Link to a presentation: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1FKwUarPhmvxwrJYtvWVeUVKi2ozivYZFmpEsWfOuJCg/edit?usp=sharing

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/TR/coga-gap-analysis/

<JohnRochford> My collection of Wayfinding resources: https://www.clearhelper.org/news/wayfinding/

Lisa: For context, our gap analysis has great info, but hard to find.
... current proposal, separate the make-usable part

<Glenda> makes sense and sounds good :)

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1FKwUarPhmvxwrJYtvWVeUVKi2ozivYZFmpEsWfOuJCg/edit?usp=sharing

Lisa: Thanks for that, and the perspective.
... 1st thing to agree on is audiences. good approach, need to tweak it.
... what happened historically, this group is a task force for APA & WCAG, those were our audiences! (Plus researchers)

<Glenda> APA = Accessible Platform Architectures (APA) Working Group

<Glenda> https://www.w3.org/WAI/about/groups/apawg/

Lisa: The aim was to have issues explained for WCAG, and for APA to support in W3C for standards. Wasn't always compatible with aim of improving accessibility.
... the gap analysis was intitially internal W3C doc. Need to separate W3C standards (APA/WCAG), then *other* policy makers, an external audience.

Evaluators? Only through the process of WCAG were we trying to meet that need.

Lisa: Do we worry about evaluators? Not sure.
... creators? Definately.
... Users? Sounds nice to do, but lower priority.
... we're a small group, can't do everything.
... Next step - prioritise level 1 / 2 audiences.
... I'd say internal W3C, then content creators, then external policy makers.
... there's a space between management & content creators.
... Users? Testers and evaluators? not sure

<Zakim> Glenda, you wanted to mention thoughts about this being summarized for the users

<kirkwood> As a Task Force we need to prioritize the Standards Makers. Agree with Lisa’s approach myself

Glenda: As new person, checking my understanding.

Jan: That's the kind of exercise we need to continue doing, pleased with direction.

<kirkwood> +1

<Glenda> Primary because we are starting as far left as we can!

<JohnRochford> Must go to join LVTF call. Ciao!

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> thanks John

Lisa: The design document, pivital peice of the appendix, for content-creators.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#

Missing some nice content sections.

<Glenda> What can I volunteer for?

Lisa: to get people's action items into the document, we need 3-4 cycles if everyone takes 1-2 items.
... without doing 2 week cycles with reviews, we don't get it done.
... please look at the ones you've volunteered and were good.
... If you get stuck, please email the list and we can have an informal call on Monday.
... are the people marked on the doc get their's done?

Jan: We'll be away for a few weeks, back July 9th.

Glenda: (missing audio?

<kirkwood> sorry lost audio… anyone else?

Glenda: would like to meet Lisa after this.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> thanks everyone

RSSAgent, make logs public

RSSAgent, make logs public

<Roy> RSSAgent, make logs public

does that keep it there? Or is that before a meeting? On #ag it is always there.

<Roy> hi alastairc, now works

invite, trackbot

trackbot end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/06/14 15:16:36 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: janina, Mark_Wilcock, Roy, LisaSeemanKestenbaum, kirkwood, MichaelC, shari, Glenda, alastairc, JohnRochford
Present: janina Mark_Wilcock Roy LisaSeemanKestenbaum kirkwood MichaelC shari Glenda alastairc JohnRochford Jan
Found Scribe: alastairc
Inferring ScribeNick: alastairc

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]