Silver Task Force Teleconference

20 Apr 2018


Jan, Lauriat, MichaelC_, Luis_Garcia, kirkwood, JohnM, shari, Jennison, jeanne, LuisGarcia, Charles, JaeunJemmaku
Jeanne, Shawn


AccessU meeting scheduled

jeanne: We are scheduled at AccessU on the 15th.
... it will be a drop in meeting for anyone who wants to check on the work and contribute to the prototype.
... We will make posteSilverrs about

Finalizing the Design Sprint Report (someone sort the HMW?)


Standards for naming and tagging (user test at AccessU?)

Charles: I think the Information ARchitecture and the Naming and Tagging should be merged, because there is a great deal of overlap. How to we come up with names so we can "datbase eall the things" approach that will allow us to display information more effectively.
... I see these two as part of one large project
... I think we are all agreed that we should invite s ome others
... I have talked with Peter Morville who is an expert in IA. He is willing to help us raise awareness and host a guest on his podcast, and do introductions
... he suggested I reach out to ?? and ??? to look for some young students who would be willing to do more work as a resume building activity. They are trained by experts.
... I will take steps to organize work spaces to organize that participation.

Jeanne: We also need to involve W3C Systeam.

Jennison: Can we do one without the other?

Charles: In order to test sometehing, we have to have something to test. There are tools that allow users to order things that makes sense to them.
... we would want to run an open card sort at AccessU. Where they name the categories
... and a close card sort where we give them items and they sort them into categories.

Jeanne: we don't have to do it at AccessU, it's a very short time frame

Charles: These are online tools, so we can just socialize the link.

<LuisGarcia> Jeanne: publicity about Silver will help ability to recruit. Even that interview is a good starting point

<LuisGarcia> .. Could also do scaled down "just recommendations" and socialize that, so people don't need to worry about a 22 page paper

Charles: we should use the AccessU as a recruiting tool to get people involved in Silver ror proptypes

<scribe> ACTION: Jeanne with Charles will set up a place for people to work on the Information architecture

<trackbot> Created ACTION-171 - With charles will set up a place for people to work on the information architecture [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2018-04-27].

Requirements document

Shawn: We need to look through the examples and decide what we want to put into it an how.

<Charles> once the outline is established, I can contribute to the requirements document

Shawn: I think I can work on a early first draft. I can have a drftt ready for Friday meeting.

<scribe> ACTION: Shawn to write aerly draft of Requirements outline

<trackbot> Created ACTION-172 - Write aerly draft of requirements outline [on Shawn Lauriat - due 2018-04-27].

Plain Language Next Steps

Jeanne: What is the next thing we need to do for Plain Language?

Charles: We have the sample from John Rochford with the principles he used to create them.
... we need to look at the sample of John Rochford's video and decide whether or not that is the direction we want to pursue
... I added a page with all the resources I sent on simple language
... there is an ISO standard for how to write standards in plain language

Shari: The ISO standard is different from the Federal requirements for plain language in response to the Plain Language Act.

<Charles> list of resources are in this doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LPMbnOGKS4B6LIQ3_vQ0NFKK7LYUgM3TO7nCc7OOacs/edit?usp=sharing

Jeanne: Do we know if people in COGA have objections to the existing the standards?

Shari: All the COGA documents refere to the Federal documents for the Plain Language Act of 2010.

JohnK: That has been discussed quite a bit in COGA, and that is what the group has concensus on in the COGA TF.

Shari: COGA TF also requests that all the material be written in upper primary level.

Jeanne: I think that we can do that for a lot of areas in Silver. We may have to go more technical in developer pages.

Charles: That's the importance of the style guides, when something falls out of that range, we have a plan of how to handle it.

F2F meeting at TPAC in October?

jeanne: We have the opportunity to meet there.
... you can attend remotely.

SHari: no

Jennison: No

<JohnM> no

Jan: Yes

<kirkwood> probably

Shawn: Yes

Jeanne: probably

Charles: If funding allows.

Jeanne: we will discuss more on Tuesday. I'll send out a survey.

trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne with Charles will set up a place for people to work on the Information architecture
[NEW] ACTION: Shawn to write aerly draft of Requirements outline

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/04/20 19:25:50 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: Jan, Lauriat, MichaelC_, Luis_Garcia, kirkwood, JohnM, shari, Jennison, jeanne, LuisGarcia, Charles, JaeunJemmaku
Present: Jan Lauriat MichaelC_ Luis_Garcia kirkwood JohnM shari Jennison jeanne LuisGarcia Charles JaeunJemmaku
Regrets: Jan
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: jeanne
Inferring Scribes: jeanne
Found Date: 20 Apr 2018
People with action items: jeanne shawn

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]