XForms Users Community Group Teleconference

28 Mar 2018



Alain, Erik, Philip, Steven


A PhD dissertation including proposals for XForms


Steven: I received this yesterday. Worth reading to see his suggestions.

ACTION-2164: Add iri types to spec.


Steven: I did this.
... please check.

7.2.7 card-number type


Steven: I intend to make the change to digit+
... complain if you disagree



Steven: I have added that the allowable values are yes|no. Again, complain if you disagree

ACTION-2163: Spec up a root element


Steven: Why did you object to the attributes Erik?

Erik: It replaces all the HTML things.

Steven: This came from people transforming XForms into HTML, but not using it as a host language.
... So they needed ways to specify these things.
... and CSS works with any XML language, bnot just HTML
... Maybe I should forward it to the implementation,

Philip: I think the title attribute is useful
... You could use the stylesheet PI for CSS, but the class attribute is a given.
... and xml:lang is good too, maybe even xml:id

Erik: xml:lang is fine.
... it's in a different namespace.
... I get the point that CSS can apply to XML, but we'd still only have one stylesheet possibility.
... Not sure about the PI solution

Philip: Well it does what we need it for, whether or not anyone actually likes it.

Steven: I'll send it to Saxonica and see what they say

<scribe> ACTION: Steven to forward the root element proposal to Saxonica

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2165 - Forward the root element proposal to saxonica [on Steven Pemberton - due 2018-04-04].

output/label/help/hint/alert unification


Steven: I noticed the similarities, should we unify?

Erik: I would say definitely.

<scribe> ACTION: Steven to unify output/label/help/hint/alert

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2166 - Unify output/label/help/hint/alert [on Steven Pemberton - due 2018-04-04].

Test Suite 2.0


Steven: Working on it today
... will upload a new version tomorrow hopefully.




Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Steven to forward the root element proposal to Saxonica
[NEW] ACTION: Steven to unify output/label/help/hint/alert

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/03/28 13:22:01 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Erik:/Erik?/
Succeeded: s/XMXL/XML/
Succeeded: s/land/lang/
Succeeded: s/hy/y/
Present: Alain Erik Philip Steven
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Steven
Inferring Scribes: Steven
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2018Mar/0035
Found Date: 28 Mar 2018
People with action items: steven

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]