Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

08 Mar 2018


JohnRochford, MichaelC, MarkWilcock, Jan, kirkwood, alastairc
E.A._Draffan, ayelet


<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ageda?

<MichaelC> drop item 3

Acton items and timelines

<scribe> scribe:alastairc

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> scribe: alastairc

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/List_for_Gap_Analysis_V2#to_do_list_for_V2_of_the_gap_analisis_and_roadmap

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page#Timelines


<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/List_for_Gap_Analysis_V2#to_do_list_for_V2_of_the_gap_analisis_and_roadmap

Lisa: Looking at the to-do list, timeline is first thing.
... we have a gap analysis and roadmap, looking at that, we're making a new verison, i.e. updating tables of user-needs, and adding a summary.
... want to work on this in Feb, and March (now) be finishing an editorial review.
... need to close on what we've got now and close in on publication.
... so, updated tables, summary of issues papers, and google docs.
... I've done the bits assigned to me, Roy was updating the references, not worried about that, happy you'll do that.
... I didn't get to updating the links, hopefully will get to over the weekend.
... Editorial review - John, do you feel ready to review it?

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html

Lisa: So the table(s) are the things to review.
... Scroll down to the "to add" bit, and instead of that, say "Editors Note:" e.g. we need to confirm that this works with X.
... Look through for a search and replace on the placeholders.

<scribe> ACTION: Lisa to send John and email wiht URI for the github branch to edit.

<trackbot> Created ACTION-272 - Send john and email wiht uri for the github branch to edit. [on Lisa Seeman-Kestenbaum - due 2018-03-15].

John: you create, I edit, you merge it?

Lisa: at the end you can make a pull request.

Moving forward with that, if you have any questions please write to me and CC Alastair/Michael/Roy.

Alastair: People last week were unsure about how that content would be used, and struggled to understand enough to approve.

Lisa: We did approve them last year, at this point we're struggling with getting it published on time, so we need to approve the changes only.

John: So after I'm done, you'll ask people to read it again?

Lisa: Once people have reviewed the change, we'll then ask for general approval to include these tables.

John: Include in?

Lisa: In the next version of the gap-analysis.
... so we'll be asking if there are any issues, [rather than starting with new content].

John: Suggest phrasing so silence is approval.

<scribe> ACTION: John to review tables

<trackbot> 'John' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., jfoliot, jkirkwoo, JohnRochford).

<scribe> ACTION: JohnR to review tables

<trackbot> Error finding 'JohnR'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/List_for_Gap_Analysis_V2#to_do_list_for_V2_of_the_gap_analisis_and_roadmap

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis_Summary#Summary_of_Issues

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://w3c.github.io/coga/gap-analysis/#summary-of-issues-papers

Gap analysis

Lisa: We have some of the issues done, but some missing.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://github.com/w3c/coga/tree/master/issue-papers

Lisa: Do we have symbols for non-verbal?
... looks like a couple of other haven't made it.
... I think it is a case of making a summary of what we have.
... Jan is what needs to be done clear?
... summaries should look like the other summaries.

<Jan> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis_Summary#Summary_of_Issues

Lisa: there are some pretty hefty issues that are summarised in a couple of paragraphs, but we need to give people a reasonable impression.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://w3c.github.io/coga/gap-analysis/#summary-of-issues-papers

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://github.com/w3c/coga/tree/master/issue-papers

Lisa: Ignore that (link from the email), but it's meant to go to the github.io link above.

John: Can't find wayfinding.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://github.com/w3c/coga/blob/master/issue-papers/wayfinding-indoors.html

Michael: Always good to make a branch, then merge later.

Lisa: I'll make you a branch and send it to you (Jan)
... Last thing is a wishlist on things to get in.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> 3. Add the google doc on how to make content useable for people with cognative and learning disabilities as an Apendix For the new appendix: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#heading=h.rgqn5t5157lo

Lisa: Run out of time to make a huge difference.
... big place were we're missing content is the design criteria, at least to a stage we can publish. getting the issues created for WCAG into a readable format. Still needs a lot of work.
... two ways to deal with it:
... 1 edit what we have, and adding editors note about things that will be edited later.
... 2 not put them in at all, carry on working on them, and instead have this page

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/SC_To_Do_list

Lisa: intent is that we are currently working on making them design requirements so they are easier to understand, and including things like usability testing.
... This is the next publication of the gap-analysis, and we need to start the publication in March, and it needs to be reasonable (no typos etc). We can move the google doc into an appendix, or leave it out. That would be a shame, we need people to see the proposed success criteria.
... Instead of keeping the whole google doc, we can take parts of it to add to the gap analysis.
... Use-case personas are quite mature, so let's inlude those. then remove the entire design theme section, link to the list in the wiki page. For the last section, to have...
... these are the sections we intend to make.
... option 1, publish without the appendix.
... 2 publish without sections, put in editors notes to say what will be there.

3. publish with sections, but with editors notes to say it isn't finished.

Lisa: So we've got John wanting option 3, option 2 is taking out things that need a lot of reviewing. we'll keep it in the google doc, but won't publish.

Jan: With everything else I've got going on in Silver, I'm struggling with time, and I'd rather we put something out that looks ok.

<JohnRochford> I agree to option 2.

alastairc: Would it go here? https://github.com/w3c/coga/tree/master/gap-analysis

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2018Mar/0005.html

<JohnRochford> Must depart. Ciao.

alastair: asking about 1.3.4

Lisa: If we want to promote personalisation, and this is the first way, then we have a clear advantage of keeping it where it is, and more will be coming.
... I would go for keeping it where it is.

alastairc: Updated version - https://rawgit.com/w3c/wcag21/identify-common-purpose-CR-version/understanding/21/identify-common-purpose.html

Lisa: please do review them, see if they are ok

Section from it: "The mechanism should also introduce the capacity for enhanced personalization such as familiar terms and symbols which are are needed for users with cognitive disabilities to be able to use the web. If a user-agent (browser or Assistive Technology) knows what an input is expecting then it can provide familiar icons next ot the input."

alastairc: please do go to silver design sprint if possible.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#heading=h.i3vodmrde825

trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: John to review tables
[NEW] ACTION: JohnR to review tables
[NEW] ACTION: Lisa to send John and email wiht URI for the github branch to edit.

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/03/08 16:09:27 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: JohnRochford, MichaelC, MarkWilcock, Jan, kirkwood, alastairc
Present: JohnRochford MichaelC MarkWilcock Jan kirkwood alastairc
Regrets: E.A._Draffan ayelet
Found Scribe: alastairc
Found Scribe: alastairc
Inferring ScribeNick: alastairc

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 08 Mar 2018
People with action items: john johnr lisa

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]