07 Mar 2018


Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Koster, Taki_Kamiya, Toru_Kawaguchi, Zoltan_Kis, Graeme_Coleman, Michael_Lagally, Barry_Leiba, Kunihiko_Toumura, Tomoaki_Mizushima
Kajimoto, Daniel, Sebastian
mjkoster, kaz



<kaz> scribenick: mjkoster

<kaz> Comm Team announcement (member-only)

kaz: time change in US and Europe occurs on different days
... US changes time on March 11, which will make everyone's schedule one hour earlier
... then Europe changes, which makes the Europe schedule one hour later again

face to face logistics

<kaz> f2f wiki

<kaz> registration results

mccool: plugfest venue is 20 minutes travel time from the hotel
... at the Oracle office
... the room can accommodate25 to 50 people depending on the setup
... currently 21 on Saturday, 25 on Sunday attending

<kaz> fyi. pictures from plugfests: Burlingame f2f, Dusseldorf f2f, Osaka f2f

mccool: need to describe any changes to plugfest entries by next week March 14th
... also describe any unusual requirements e.g. power or networking

draft review and schedule

mccool: there are release candidates for 3 documents
... plan is to release for publication on Tuesday
... changes need to be in place by Monday
... please do a read-through of the documents

3 spec drafts for review:
* TD
* Scripting API
* Binding Templates

TF report

* Binding task force report

<inserted> scribenick: kaz

koster: had another cycle of review yesterday
... small updates
... very bottom parameters for form vocabulary
... HTTP method name, etc.
... binary header option encodes binary
... just number
... MQTT code
... put commands by number
... people are encouraged to review the document
... can integrate editorial PRs by Monday
... bring some topics on process to f2f
... some idea about additional normalization
... binding template topic and semantic integration topic

mccool: please add topics to the f2f wiki

* TD task force report

<scribe> scribenick: mjkoster

matthias: ... had the call on Monday and presented the proposed simple TD
... discussion went back to fundamentals, why are we doing the simple TD, what is in the charter?
... looking into using more JSON-LD 1.1 features to align to JSON Schema syntax

matthias: discussion with Evrythng on alternate transport uses

mccool: is there an implementation of JSON-LD 1.1?

matthias: yes, some implementation available

mccool: kaz is investigating if there is any issue from W3C procedure with this direction

* Scripting API task force report

zoltan: scripting API document fixing some errors,
... last changes today
... looking at security issues for a later update

* Security task force report

mccool: decided not to update the security document again
... the life cycle content should go into the architecture document
... working on security metadata
... looking a how to handle different security for different interaction instances
... also looking at how to use more than one mechanism at a time
... it's a strawman, still needs more work before putting it into the document
... eventually will be part of TD and rely on the protocol binding patterns
... will discuss more at the face to face
... looking for more references to device or IoT life cycle

any other items?

matthias: start to collect input items for the re-charter

mccool: will add a document section to collect input

graeme: add accessibility use cases and benefits

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/checklists/participant-questionnaire.md#accessibility

mccool: plugfest preparation document has an accessibility section

mjkoster: the plugfest questionnaire has a small section

mccool: also there should be a post-mortem topic

kaz: we could add scenarios for accessibility to the plugfest scenarios
... also we can extend the architecture document with use cases and requirements

mccool: we can add an accessibility session to the face to face schedule

graeme: will be at the plugfest and can join the face to face session remotely

mccool: 30 minutes for accessibility use cases
... adjourn

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/03/08 03:05:21 $