Silver Task Force Teleconference

02 Mar 2018


JaEunJemmkuj, Jan
jeanne, shawn


<jeanne> Research Summary doc <- https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1POs7orJ4ALB0bq5_vyo4v8RxDcr-5ctwD1noVgpXuJc/edit?usp=sharing

review status of research, assign any items needing completion

Jeanne: The Job Stories are complete, and we are waiting for final publish. I will put it on community group as a draft, and move to final status later.
... Problem Statements are also complete.

Shari: I have uploaded the Summaries into the Google Drive.
... The Internet of Things is good, and the research is good.

Jeanne: Next action is to add it to the summary. I think I can do that.
... The Mike Crabbe papers - we'll need to tie up some loose ends there.
... The Eleanor Acanoa (sp?) paper is done, that needs to be published.

<jeanne> Research Status Overview <- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ropTpocIdthjnkaGILjZRPrerAFGDNGXVstSOny45Zo/edit?usp=sharing

Jeanne: [Eleanor Lioacono]
... The Usability survey - the conclusions for the summary are sort of done.

<jeanne> Summary Report Slide Deck <- https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1POs7orJ4ALB0bq5_vyo4v8RxDcr-5ctwD1noVgpXuJc/edit?usp=sharing

Jeanne: Slide 18 - Dave was able to pull from a usability study.

Shawn: People will wonder what makes these SC usable vs unusable.
... The ones marked most usable all have simpler rules. Concrete and easy to understand.
... Some of the others are more about prevention, and cover more ground.
... Even if we don't have stats on why some are more usable, we can still do analysis on differences between the two (columns).
... This is helpful, it can inform further research on our part after the design sprint. We can keep it in mind during the design sprint.

Jeanne: The international translations probably won't make the design sprint.

<Charles> key findings: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iOut3_i1JBQu5_16plZ8u7xCd66T4TbW2zPR1KmWWF4/edit?usp=sharing

Kelsey: The WCAG Conformance Survey Key Findings - we had 49 participants, and 8 declined to report on demographic questions.
... We've been organizing the data from the most common answers.
... We made brief claims based on the research findings, we'll probably expand on that in the conclusions.
... It's not complete yet.

Charles: I'll work on fleshing out the conclusions and key opportunities over this weekend.

Jeanne: It would be great if we could send it out for Monday.

Charles: The sample size is small, but the Roles is significant.
... My expectation is that this needs to be closer to an academic paper, for a research summary.
... I'd like the introductory part to say that it's statistically significant, based on the types of people who participated.

Jeanne: I'll contact Sarah Horton about the stats part.

Jennison: I think our sample is a convenient sample, so it's as significant as we could get.

Shari: These are not empirical research studies. The professors used students who were available. But it does have some relevance / significance.

Imelda: With a smaller sample size, it limits what can be put into an academic format.

Kelsey: 25 of the people who took the survey have "accessibility" in their job title. Several of the other roles were technical.

Charles: I'll work on the key opportunities over the weekend.

Jeanne: We'll finish the legacy interviews this week.

<Charles> reminder, I have to drop off the call @10:25

Jeanne: Jan and I just need to polish up the document.

<Kelsey> Here's the draft: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zrzm9i9AsNo4_0qZY7GXrYYZy1o399kg_92Lc3wDSdc/edit#

Jeanne: The Conference feedback draft doc is almost done, just needs polishing.
... The Literature Review is being reviewed, we'll have it shortly.
... We'll make it a priority next week.

review Summary slide deck

<jeanne> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1POs7orJ4ALB0bq5_vyo4v8RxDcr-5ctwD1noVgpXuJc/edit?usp=sharing

Shawn: We should also share these slides as HTML and PDF, and share links to all 3.

Jeanne: Shawn, can you work on drafting the email to the participants?

Shawn: This afternoon I can.
... Can we make sure all the participants are in the spreadsheet? Because there were some late additions.

Jeanne: Shawn: That was the link for the Silver Design Sprint Agenda.

Jennison: We need to talk about the CSUN presentation - maybe next week - we can leverage pieces of the slide deck.

email to participants

Thanks to all who pushed so hard to get the research done

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/03/02 16:00:35 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: JaEunJemmkuj Jan

WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: JohnM
Inferring Scribes: JohnM
Found Date: 02 Mar 2018
People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]