Silver Task Force Teleconference

30 Jan 2018


JanMcSorley, JaEunJemmaKu


San Diego face-to-face meeting problem statements

Charles has softened the language around excluding particular people with disabilities and made the edits discussed on a previous call.

Charles: Just need to remove the bits marked for removal.

Jemma: You can remove, I have a copy of those points elsewhere.

Charles: Okay, done.
... We just need to clean up the ToC in the move over to the wiki, though we may want to do that here as well, since we'll want to share the document, too.

Jeanne will look at the publishing route, probably just on the wiki, and will also look at the format and such for it.

Charles: We should just make sure that wherever we post this, we should post it with the job stories document.

Jeanne: Agreed.

Conformance Survey

Kelsey: Jeanne and I worked on this before, I think we have a pretty good draft.
... We went through the existing version, trying to simplify the language, reorder the questions, and determine the best format for each question.
... focusing on how effectively WCAG addresses the needs of people with disabilities through conformance.
... It starts asking about the person's experience level with WCAG.
... Next, rate the effectiveness of WCAG when measuring the accessibility of web sites, mobile apps, web apps, documents, terminal-based resources, etc.
... The next part gets into conformance requirements and the participants' knowledge of this.
... Some conditional questions, asking more detailed questions as applicable.
... How confident are you that your organization understands the level striving for?
... Asking about challenges in understanding the conformance levels and such.
... The rest gets a little more detailed around WCAG as well.

Jeanne: If the person answers they don't know about the levels, then we skip the rest of the conformance questions.

Charles: Do we have a participation goal, like 35+ people?

Jeanne: We have a list of 300 names and email addresses of people who want to help with Silver and answer survey questions, so I think we're in good shape.

Charles: If you have pathing of questions where some questions conditionally appear, in that list of participants, will we have enough who'll not have skipped that?

Jeanne: Absolutely.

<Kelsey> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rcr_qRZ8qQ-jyP1o1QzmOaJPP4aecyr-7KxUFTC4YEs/edit

Charles: One last comment about the "your organization" phrasing: I think we should reword that in order to cover also the case where someone may implement this for a client, rather than for their organization.

Jemma: Are there any questions about asking policy makers? Who's the audience for this survey?

Jeanne: Our target audience are people who are moderate to expert WCAG users who are familiar with standards process, so people who should understand conformance.
... I think it has gone a bit long, what do others think about that?

Charles: Good length, we may want to just make the level of effort/length clear up front for participants.

Lauriat & Jennison: Agreed.

<Charles> Set level of investment expectation in the invite. Something like: “Please take this 20 question survey. It may take between 30 and 45 minutes.”

<Charles> dropping off call now.

Jeanne: Let's get this ready for Friday.

Kelsey: Will do.

Research reviews & updates

Shawn: A third of the way through the paper I signed up to review, should finish by later this week.

<scribe> ACTION: Jeanne to look into analysis from Pete McNally research.

<trackbot> Created ACTION-156 - Look into analysis from pete mcnally research. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2018-02-06].

San Diego face-to-face meeting invitation responses

Jennison: Do we have a deadline for wave one before we move to wave two?

Shawn: No, but we should. Let's set it for Friday.

<Jan> * Hi Jemma! :-)

Jeanne: Let's set Friday as the date to also have everything on the wiki to send out to everyone who has responded so far.

Shawn agrees with this, but needed to drop off the call before saying so.

trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to look into analysis from Pete McNally research.

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/01/30 15:37:33 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: JanMcSorley, JaEunJemmaKu
Present: JanMcSorley JaEunJemmaKu

WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Lauriat
Inferring Scribes: Lauriat

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 30 Jan 2018
People with action items: jeanne

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]