Dataset Exchange Working Group Teleconference

16 January 2018

Meeting Minutes

<arminhaller> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌wiki/‌Meetings:Telecon2018.01.16

<RubenVerborgh> Can we split "Profiles" on the agenda into Guidance and Negotiation, as discussed last time?

<RubenVerborgh> Because both need slots etc.

<dsr> https://‌mit.webex.com/‌mw3200/‌mywebex/‌default.do?siteurl=mit&service=10

<dsr> sorry that won’t work

<dsr> should be this one https://‌mit.webex.com/‌mit/‌j.php?MTID=m9fcad33ce544e4f753e2d472bbb8efa8

Introducing new DXWG member: Armin Haller

<Caroline> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2018/‌01/‌09-dxwg-minutes

Voting on minutes from last meeting

<Caroline> +0 (was not there)

<alejandra> +1

<Makx> +1

<kcoyle> +1

+0 (missed last call)

<roba> +1

<PWinstanley> +1

<DaveBrowning> +1

<RiccardoAlbertoni> 0 (missed the call)

<RubenVerborgh> 0 (missed)

Resolved: Minutes approved

Resolved: Minutes approved

<Makx> sorry comment on minutes. I am not listed as present

<SimonCox> presednt+ SimonCox

Promoting UCR FPWD

<Makx> please amend minutes of last week

Was there any feedback on UCR document?

<Caroline> Jaroslav_Pullmann: I don't think we had any feedback yet

DaveBrowning: Feedback from my organisation
… Dave will forward via the public feedback email

There is apparently no cut off date for UCR feedback?

<Caroline> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌wiki/‌PromoteUCRFPWD

Summary: members use the public-dcat group, externals are requested to comment via public-dxwg-comments@w3.org

DaveBrowning: our feedback will not be there before early February

Caroline: We should think of which other W3C working groups might provide us with feedback

kcoyle: It could be e.g. the SHACL and POE groups

<AndreaPerego> SDWIG was already informed by Linda - see end of mail here https://‌lists.w3.org/‌Archives/‌Public/‌public-sdwig/‌2017Dec/‌0008.html

kcoyle: I will contact SHACL and the Public Shapes List

<annette_g> maybe Dave Raggett can do it?

Question being discussed: which of the group's mailing lists to use..

roba: there are couple of reused vocabularies in our documents
… we sholud somehow mention this in profile definitions (e.g. profile using SHACL)

<alejandra> wouldn't you come up with more requirements for those groups in that case?

roba: it's still a bit open how to express the aligment with those groups

kcoyle: need to contact experts to elaborate what the "links" are

kcoyle: we may suggest usage of those vocabularies or enter deeper negotiations

<kcoyle> +1 to Dave's "editorial" comment

DaveBrowning: we should have a consistent approach for referencing those vocabularies

<AndreaPerego> Contacting the relevant groups could be also useful to validate the proposed use of these vocs - this was done, e.g., in GeoDCAT-AP for PROV.

Action: DaveBrowning: Contact POE-cochair to provide feedback on UCR document

<trackbot> Created ACTION-73 - Contact poe-cochair to provide feedback on ucr document [on David Browning - due 2018-01-23].

Action: kcoyle to contact SHACL and ShEx lists regarding UCR FPWD

<trackbot> Created ACTION-74 - Contact shacl and shex lists regarding ucr fpwd [on Karen Coyle - due 2018-01-23].

<Caroline> Jaroslav_Pullmann: I will contact Rob about the action 50 https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌50

<AndreaPerego> I'm working on action 59 - should be completed within next week.

<roba> there are others on this group even more deeply connected with sensing ontologies

<Caroline> Jaroslav_Pullmann: about action https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌72

<roba> simon, armin, andrea perhaps

SimonCox explains how to import the UCR requirements into GitHib for better managment

<alejandra> I doubt there is already something for respec because I don't think there is a consistent way for groups to create their UCR documents

Caroline: Meeting schedules for DCAT

<Caroline> Wednesdays, 20:00 UTC

SimonCox: First telcon will start tomorrow

SimonCox: asking for process how to mediate the calender invitations

dsr: we must not share telcon details with people outside

<alejandra> I'll write down my question as can't speak now - was wondering if the issue about generating the minutes for tomorrow has been sorted?

SimonCox: in the first call we will establish roles/task for work on DCAT

<alejandra> no, we didn't

Questions on irc minutes integration etc. to Dave - support to DCAT group requested

<AndreaPerego> There should be a page somewhere explaining exactly what should be done to start meeting, draft minutes etc. - cannot find it now.

Waiting for Dave's audio to set-up

<dsr_> I am not sure about better RRSAgent integration - you can use agenda: URL for the minutes

<dsr_> and then copy the URL from the rrsagent, make minutes command to to the wiki

<SimonCox> +1 AndreaPerego

<AndreaPerego> @dsr, Is there a reference page for this?

<alejandra> +1

There is no page like suggested by Andrea, to be written yet

<dsr_> https://‌www.w3.org/‌wiki/‌RRSAgent

Action: kcoyle look for page describing rrsagent as affects sub-group work

<trackbot> Created ACTION-75 - Look for page describing rrsagent as affects sub-group work [on Karen Coyle - due 2018-01-23].

<alejandra> will there be a meeting this Thursday?

Profile - subworking group

RubenVerborgh: there are (plans) for 2 sub groups: 1) Profiles/Conneg and 2) Guidance

RubenVerborgh: few reaction to doodle, only 3 members interested

<RubenVerborgh> https://‌doodle.com/‌poll/‌h9cphup3dkphk4u5

<roba> * my network is cutting out - apologies if missing anything

RubenVerborgh: connecg doodle had few (3) responses so far

<AndreaPerego> About how to start meeting etc., just find out these details were included in the meetings pages of SDWWG - via a macro, I guess - e.g.: https://‌www.w3.org/‌2015/‌spatial/‌wiki/‌Meetings:SSN-Telecon20170314#Dial_In_details

<RubenVerborgh> 4 mins is short… :-)

<dsr_> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2002/‌03/‌RRSAgent

<AndreaPerego> Other reference pages here: https://‌www.w3.org/‌2001/‌12/‌zakim-irc-bot.html & https://‌www.w3.org/‌2008/‌04/‌scribe.html

Dave has difficulties to connect / report about the ODI survey

Caroline: announces a workshop on ..

<Caroline> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2018/‌vocabws/

Data Privacy Controls and Vocabularies on 17-18. April, Vienna

<RubenVerborgh> thanks, bye!

<RiccardoAlbertoni> bye !

<alejandra> bye, and thanks all!

<AndreaPerego> bye

<Makx> bye


<PWinstanley> bye

Summary of Action Items

  1. DaveBrowning: Contact POE-cochair to provide feedback on UCR document
  2. kcoyle to contact SHACL and ShEx lists regarding UCR FPWD
  3. kcoyle look for page describing rrsagent as affects sub-group work

Summary of Resolutions

  1. Minutes approved
  2. Minutes approved
Minutes formatted by Bert Bos's scribe.perl version 2.37 (2017/11/06 19:13:35), a reimplementation of David Booth's scribe.perl. See CVS log.


Succeeded: s/note/not

Succeeded: s/pbulic-dcat/public-dcat/

Succeeded: s/migth/might/

Succeeded: s/I'm working on it - should be completed within next week./I'm working on action 59 - should be completed within next week./

Succeeded: s/dar/dsr/