Silver Task Force Teleconference

05 Jan 2018


Charles, Imelda, Jan, Jeanne, Kelsey, JohnMcNabb, PeteMcNally, Shawn
Shawn, jeanne


Invites to Design Sprint

Shawn: We sent out invitations, with largely a positive result.
... we planned on different waves of people to invite, waiting to see who is accepting before we invite more.

<Lauriat> Design plan: https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Design_Plan_for_Silver

Shawn: starting into the Interpretation phase of interpreting the research

<Lauriat> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Design_Plan_for_Silver#Phase_3:_Ideation

Shawn: we will be doing a Design Sprint on 19 & 20 of March
... We will be discussing problem statements around Conformance, Usability, Maintenance

<jemma> hi

<Charles> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Silver_Design_Sprint

extended discussion on the status of invites

San Diego face-to-face meeting invitations & responses

Plan for Design Sprint


<Charles> rough format & methodology of design studio workshop: https://articles.uie.com/design_studio_methodology/

Shawn: Start with a short introduction of where we are with Silver
... start with the problem statements and talk through an introduction of each problem statement
... split things up by topic
... we need to make sure everyone is on the same page and focused

Charles: The way that we do it follows this design studio methodology, where the whole group works on the each problem in separate groups and reports back to the main group

Shawn: I like this. I think we should leave the prototyping to a couple hours at the end of the day.

Jeanne: I'm afraid we won't get through all the problem statements. We don't have 3 problem statements -- we have 3 categories

Shawn: I think we won't get through it all anyway.

Charles: I think that we should give all the presentation information in advance

Shawn: I fear that people won't have the time because they are preparing for their CSUN presentations

Jan: I agree that people should be sent all the info in advance. Perhaps we could have a phone call to prep

Kelsey: I agree that people should be given all the information in advance and give more time to prototyping.

Shawn: I propose we move the Recommended Issues to a separate part of the Design Sprint.
... I think we need more time on Ideation so that we get more ideas.

Kelsey: Is there someone with a disability who will be part of the introductions?
... that can be valuable in developing empathy

Shawn: We are ensuring that many of the people being invited are people with disabilities
... I think that the empathy can be assumed given who we are inviting
... As we go through the steps of solidifying how we are doing the design sprint we can see how much time we will have for prototyping and experimenting.
... that is dependent on how we will structure things

<scribe> ACTION: jeanne will update the Design Sprint Proposal wiki

<trackbot> Created ACTION-148 - Will update the design sprint proposal wiki [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2018-01-12].

Charles: We should say that it will be moderated.

<Kelsey> I took this class and I think it could offer some valuable prototyping resources: https://plusacumen.novoed.com/#!/courses/prototyping-2016-1/home

Charles: it is a free course

Jeanne: Be careful to respect copyright, and don't put any copyright materials in our public space.

Charles: It is meant to go through with a team together.

Problem Statements

Charles: I had an action statement to take the information from Jemma on Conformance and turn it into the problem statement template.


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: jeanne will update the Design Sprint Proposal wiki

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/01/05 16:55:18 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: Charles Imelda Jan Jeanne Kelsey JohnMcNabb PeteMcNally Shawn
Regrets: Shari
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: jeanne
Inferring Scribes: jeanne
Found Date: 05 Jan 2018
People with action items: jeanne

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]