Silver Task Force Teleconference

08 Dec 2017


JaeunJemmaKu, Jan, Charles, jeanne, Shawn, Ryan, Jemma, Jennison, sloandr


With small attendance, skipping around the agenda as makes sense for those on the call.

Data analysis

Toward the end of semester, we should get some updates (maybe next week) on results.

Conformance Survey

Conformance survey design had started up, but Dave will work on a more formal working draft from here (target next Friday).

invitation loose ends

I have a facilitator who will join for the design sprint, will look for info architect.

sloandr: Need to have a good summary accessible beforehand in order to have everyone basing their participation on the results there.

Imelda: Do we have a link to data?

sloandr: We have the data in a lot of different areas, but we'll pull analysis of results together as we get more of it together as well.

Lauriat: (brought up job stories for stakeholders)

Charles: I have another idea for sharing ahead of time: "WCAG for people who haven't read them"

<Charles> https://24ways.org/2017/wcag-for-people-who-havent-read-them/

Charles: The author also linked to other articles.

sloandr: Related to another potential research article which explored adaptations, looking at whether people removed or added anything, or simply rewrote the wording.

Charles: In this one, he didn't add or remove anything, but rewrote the existing success criteria.

sloandr: Reporting on the WCAG usability survey, I've worked for a while now on getting translations of the survey.
... The file format for survey monkey has made this difficult, but most of the way there.
... Hoping to get the rest of the work done so we can start getting results in the new year.
... Should cover French, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, and I think Korean.
... I have all of the po files, just a matter of getting the glitches sorted out in order to add them to the survey as translations.

Jemma: On the conformance survey, wondering the state of the conformance survey?

sloandr: Earlier in the call, I took a task to put together to more formal draft of the questions for the survey.

Jan: Going through to help a researcher develop his survey, meeting every other week.
... Originally tried to get it out before the holidays set in, but given the timing, we think we should hold off until January to try to get more responses.

Jemma: I need to touch base on the questionnaire and another researcher to check in.

trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/12/08 15:23:22 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: JaeunJemmaKu, Jan, Charles, jeanne, Shawn, Ryan, Jemma, Jennison, sloandr
Present: JaeunJemmaKu Jan Charles jeanne Shawn Ryan Jemma Jennison sloandr
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Lauriat
Inferring Scribes: Lauriat

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 08 Dec 2017
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]