04 Dec 2017


MichaelC, Roy, janina, Becka11y, thaddeus


<lisa> https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics


<lisa> scribe: thaddeus

Updates from wcag and action items

<lisa> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/Identify_common_purposes_CFC/results

2 relevant WCAG Success Criteria

<lisa> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/Contextual_Information_CFC/results

Contextual Information SC is AAA is is currently at risk

may not go in

Michael has clarification - not at risk to be removed before candidate recommendation

when it gets CR would be marked at risk

SC criteria is available to view in the current working draft

<lisa> The new SC can be viewed here: http://rawgit.com/w3c/wcag21/purpose_of_controls_changes3/guidelines/index.html#identify-common-purpose

Previously named "purpose of controls" now named Common Purposes for User Interface Components


Other action items

<lisa> Sharon is offering to do the logs (includes the steps and other related attributes)Becky is doing help type, including moreinfo ,Extra help ,help type

Shannon - logs

Becky - help types

Thaddeus - Reminders

<lisa> ACTION: thaddeus working on proposal for reminders

<lisa> ACTION: sharron working on proposal for logs

<lisa> ACTION: becky working on proposal for help types

Open conversation Do we want two ways of doing things between types. Could be redundancy

Should the proposed roles section be in module 1?

With help and alternative language currently both can be used as an attribute and as metadata

3 Modules: content, tools, help

<lisa> https://w3c.github.io/personalization-semantics/#additional-wai-aria-roles

also have alternative roles - link here


Open coversation - should these be added to the content section

<lisa> https://w3c.github.io/personalization-semantics/

Original suggestion was to implement as landmark roles but slow down acceptance

The new survey (EA and Amihai's suggestions, other suggestion , review of distractions section) .

<lisa> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/101569/newvaluesmodule1/results

Reviewing survey feedback among the group

goal is to get foundation level features in and keep a record of more advanced feature for possible future conversation/implementation

Lisa asked if someone could put together terms for sort

should we put a proposal for sort? no +1s

<lisa> confirm

<lisa> +1


<lisa> adress field

<lisa> is fine

anything else missing in action or field?

leaving poll items open for one week.

Please review

and comment

distractions - poll results indicate that this needs work

volunteers to work on distractions?

<lisa> veifiable claims

sponsored content may be unclear to some users

the word "sponsored content"

janina to connect with verifiable claims

lisa to make a survey with each item individually

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: becky working on proposal for help types
[NEW] ACTION: sharron working on proposal for logs
[NEW] ACTION: thaddeus working on proposal for reminders

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/12/04 19:10:02 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: MichaelC Roy janina Becka11y thaddeus
Found Scribe: thaddeus
Inferring ScribeNick: thaddeus

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: becky sharron thaddeus

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]