Silver Task Force Teleconference

14 Jul 2017

See also: IRC log


JaEunJemmaKu, Shari, Butler, Jeanne, Shawn
Sarah, Dave, Jan, Jennison


<scribe> scribe: jeanne

Opt-in form


No objections to the edits.

RESOLUTION: Send out the Opt-in form.

Shawn: Can we ask Sarah to send out the emails?

Jeanne: I don't have the consistent wifi to send it.

Research project sheet review

Opt-in form

Letter: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m7TvBwpAP8HY5mmBgAfLy5i1jz4Y4SwJt7tJ1SK2NOw/edit

Shawn: Is there a way to set up a email list via W3C tools?

Jeanne: That could be a good idea, if the list was private.

<scribe> ACTION: Shawn to talk to Michael Cooper about setting up a private email list for stakeholders. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/07/14-silver-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-106 - Talk to michael cooper about setting up a private email list for stakeholders. [on Shawn Lauriat - due 2017-07-21].

Research project sheet review

Shawn: Sarah sent regrets and sent an update for Pete McNally.
... Pete has piloted the survey and is ready to send it out.
... It doesn't sound like he needs anything else from us.

<Lauriat> Research project tracker sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bsqv595CnSzmUa2Tv53duudNvn_ExTW6xGx-6_ECM7c/edit#gid=55201506

Jemma: Eleanor is doing well, I don't have recent details.

Shawn: It would be helpful to get details of where she is, if the survey has gone out.

Jemma: I heard from Dr Watenabe.
... I got an email from him, he has published an article about Communication Model of Web Accessibility.
... his students finished their research outline, have interviewed 3 people who are deaf/hard of hearing.

<jemma> Regarding Watanabe, Dr. Watanabe, Takayuki Communication Model of Web Accessibility Vol.30, CCIS 713, HCI International 2017 Posters Proceedings - Part I, Pages 80-87.

Shawn: There was a talk about accessibility about Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. It talked about applying WCAG to VR and AR, and also addressed needs for accessible VR and AR that are not covered by WCAG.

Jemma: I will share Dr. Watenabe article to the list as well, as others may be interested in it.
... I'll look into the talk and add it to the Zotaro literature review.

Shawn: We need updates from Dave and Jan

Update for the WG

<shari> can you all hear me?

<shari> I was giving an update on Tyson McMillin

Shari: We met with Tyson last week. He is going to send the survey in mid-August once it is approved by his IRR. He is on track. We will meet with him next month to check how it going.
... We haven't met with Mike yet.
... We haven't met with Nancy
... Was anyone able to get a hold of Stephanie Wilson?

Jemma: I did, and she said she was not going to be able to continue with the project.
... her work responsibilities have changed

Shari: We have several meetings scheduled for meetings next week with researchers.

Jemma: Eleanor's project is on schedule and it will start in September.
... I will hear on August 15 if I will get the grant I applied for, for grad student help with the literature review.

Open action item review https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open

Update for the WG

Shawn: Jeanne did an update on the wiki.

<Lauriat> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Monthly_Updates#Silver_Update_for_2nd_Quarter_2017

<jemma> I have to wait till August 15 to apply for the research publication funding from University library.

Update is okay for the WCAG WG for Tuesday.

Open action item review https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open

action-54 Shawn will do today

action-67 due 21 July

<trackbot> Set action-67 Enter the copyright policy at the top of the wiki page for the literature review. due date to 2017-07-21.

action-74 close

close action-74

<trackbot> Closed action-74.

close action-92

<trackbot> Closed action-92.

action-94 Dave has started the Question Bank. Sarah will talk to Dave about it.

action-94 due 21 July

<trackbot> Set action-94 Start work on question bank due date to 2017-07-21.

action-97 due 21 July

<trackbot> Set action-97 Set up public project list so it can be referenced from david's blog post. due date to 2017-07-21.

action-99 due 21 July

<trackbot> Set action-99 Draw up budget based on notes from david and discussion in the tf meeting. due date to 2017-07-21.

action-101 due 18 July

<trackbot> Set action-101 Will send the opt-in form to individuals for their comments due date to 2017-07-18.

action-102. Sarah reported on it last week, showed a draft. She is going to go ahead with it.

action-102 due 21 July

<trackbot> Set action-102 Complete draft of WCAG usability survey, test, and refine due date to 2017-07-21.

close action-103

<trackbot> Closed action-103.

Jeanne: Regrets for next Tuesday call

TPAC Questions

Jemma: I need information on TPAC to write up a justification for funding to attend.

Shawn: Most of the work will be presenting to the WCAG WG. We will do a general presentation on Silver on Wednesday. On Thursday, we will be presenting at the Bay Area
... Accessibility Meetup at AirBnB.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Shawn to talk to Michael Cooper about setting up a private email list for stakeholders. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/07/14-silver-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

  1. Send out the Opt-in form.
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/07/14 14:33:43 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Gah, Webex is only at 40% and its been running for 3 minutes//
Present: JaEunJemmaKu Shari Butler Jeanne Shawn
Regrets: Sarah Dave Jan Jennison
Found Scribe: jeanne
Inferring ScribeNick: jeanne
Found Date: 14 Jul 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/07/14-silver-minutes.html
People with action items: shawn

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]