Silver Task Force Teleconference

18 Apr 2017

See also: IRC log


Jemma, Jeanne, PeteMcNally, SukilKim, Jennison


<scribe> Scribe: Sarah

Check in with Pete McNally

Pete: Shared preview of survey

Plan to send out in a few weeks

Pete: Survey is aimed at UX role, first question is to define role
... Next question about how long in field
... Next, how much does accessibility figure in position

Sarah: Add question about how much time spent on accessibility

Jeanne: Concern about number of questions

Jennison: Has seen time question as percentage of time, how much of your time is spent

Pete: Describe how you are involved with accessibility, free text input
... Getting more description there
... Trying to make the text input bigger, so it's multi-line
... How do you learn about accessibility topics, want to see if they have go-to places

Jennison: Ask whether they have people they go to, "colleague"

Jeanne: Would be helpful to create subset of questions, e.g., demographic questions, that we could include on every survey

Pete: Are you familiar with WCAG guidelines, yes/no
... There's not skip logic currently, but may skip past next questions about the guidelines if they say no
... How well does the structure support learning and remembering?
... Question is from the Silver research questions
... This will be a good prompt for interviews

Jennison: Would be good to interview people who are and aren't using WCAG

Pete: Which guidelines are most important to you, people who aren't as familiar might have different ways to remember and reference guidelines

Jemma: Which are important to you in your work? Might be good to add context

Pete: When you're engaged in your work activities, will make this more specific

Sukil: Should we be asking a question about which device the person is using to complete the survey?

Pete: Sounds like there will another survey that is focused on accessibility issues for people with disabilities
... Could gather more information about what platform people are working in
... Will add a question to the demographic questions
... How can the guidelines be improved to help respondent do their job
... Last question, asking if respondent is interested in phone interview
... Will go back to goals and make sure not missing key questions, also balancing length of survey
... Will map survey questions to research questions in Google doc
... Does not have schedule, will want to get it out fairly soon, end of month
... Has a couple of ways to reach out on mailing lists
... Also LinkedIn, Bentley network, students from classes
... Open to other suggestions

Jennison: Will help get the word out through meetups
... Can also share at work

Jeanne: Can filter stakeholder list and share with Pete
... First need to send follow-up to stakeholders

Pete: Please look at intro text to make sure it's correct

<scribe> ACTION: Jeanne to review Pete's survey and follow up with Pete [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/04/18-silver-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-82 - Review pete's survey and follow up with pete [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-04-25].

Pete: Will update the survey and follow up with Sarah

Jemma: Question about which guidelines are most helpful to work is very interesting

Jeanne: Would be a good question to have on all surveys

<jemma_> jemma: I am really excited about finding out answers on which guidelines are most important to UX professionals!

Sarah: Meeting with MSU team this week

<jemma_> jemma: no update from my research partners

<jemma_> jeanne: does Jan have any updates?

Sarah: Will reach out to Jan

Jemma: What should be the procedure for posting research questions

Jeanne: Let's put that on Friday agenda

Jemma: Will send Jeanne email with discussion topic

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to review Pete's survey and follow up with Pete [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/04/18-silver-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/04/18 14:25:09 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/do/go/
Succeeded: s/working on/working in/
Present: Jemma Jeanne PeteMcNally SukilKim Jennison
Regrets: Shawn
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: SarahHorton
Found Scribe: Sarah
Found Date: 18 Apr 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/04/18-silver-minutes.html
People with action items: jeanne

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]