Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

10 Apr 2017

See also: IRC log


Mike_Pluke, Thaddeus, kirkwood, Pietro, Jim_S


+Present Thaddeus

<Mike_Pluke> scribe: thaddeus

Are we happy with the prioritization at https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html

<Mike_Pluke> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html

Reviewing SC Priorities

<Mike_Pluke> Noted that we need to change the spelling of " humen" in Group 2 and Plane in the "What we are working on next"

Tomorrow;s meeting is one hour before this meeting

Mike suggests an email to the TF on new language

accessible authentication

support personalization


Plain language

<kirkwood> Is this helpful: https://www.hhs.gov/web/building-and-managing-websites/web-requests/write-in-plain-language/index.html

<kirkwood> These were the guidelines we had to go by in the gov’t space http://www.plainlanguage.gov/

I found that very helpful I was looking for something similar. Thanks

Upcoming calls : • Joint COGA & LVTF telecon - Personalization • Re: upcoming calls for COGA

<Mike_Pluke> • Joint COGA & LVTF telecon - Personalization

<Mike_Pluke> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2017Apr/0013.html

<Mike_Pluke> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2017Apr/0011.html

<Mike_Pluke> Joint COGA & LVTF telecon - Personalization Monday, 24th April, 2017 Time: 11 am Austin time 12 pm EST (Boston and New York) 5 pm London 7 pm IST Israel

<Mike_Pluke> - Visual presentation (April 12th - Wednesday) > - Familiar design A (April 12th - Wednesday) > > > - Task completion (April 19th - Wednesday) > - minimize-errors (April 19th - Wednesday)

please reffrence comments and feedback for your SC. Example is at https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/30 were each issue that discusses it has a comment that reffrences the core issue (like https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/236)

<Jim_S> Survey link: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/SCs_April_11/

<Jim_S> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XShLFX8fxHYYLn8A6avDwu37w9JfnZCGWvAKBpK9Xo4/edit#gid=684261396

Re: URGENT Request from the Education and Outreach Working Group McSorley, Jan

<Mike_Pluke> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2017Apr/0015.html

<kirkwood> confused what is the specific link for that?

are we happy with the new wordi ng for the four reworded SC (pesonlization, plain langage, provide help and accessible authertifcation)

<Mike_Pluke> All to look at these and send their comments to the TF

<Mike_Pluke> Some time was spent discussing plain language

Thank you

no call on 17th?

ok thank you for facilatating

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/04/10 17:49:35 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/agenda+/topic:/g
Present: Mike_Pluke Thaddeus kirkwood Pietro Jim_S
Found Scribe: thaddeus
Inferring ScribeNick: thaddeus
Found Date: 10 Apr 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/04/10-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]