Silver Task Force Teleconference

07 Apr 2017

See also: IRC log


Jan, Jeanne, Shawn
Sarah, Dave, Jemma
Shawn, Jeanne


Review the Q1 update

<Lauriat> Silver Q1 update draft: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wLOvx9r-xgiQ1UGMaHpGZjLmxNB-R0kzt7FBhj28eGE/edit#

Shawn, I have put a bulleted list into more of a story.

scribe: this is the update that we want to give to the AGWG, and send out to the stakeholders.
... I still need to finish the last part and link to the CSUN slides

Shawn: On Tuesday we started to look at gap analysis

Jeanne: Is this something we can send to Stakeholders? Sarah wanted Shawn and I to email something to them that would let them know when they would be contacted for surveys.

<scribe> ACTION: jeanne will move the draft of the Q1 UPdate to the public wiki. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/04/07-silver-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-80 - Will move the draft of the q1 update to the public wiki. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-04-14].

Jeanne: postponed to next week. Sukil sent regrets.

updates from research partners

<Jan> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kWK-AJ1MTw9jnh8emitgOauw9tfH4EUAzx-rs9rxcxo/edit#

Jan: This is Tyson's project
... he wants the first phase of the survey to be the faculty and students of his community college.
... phase 2 would be to expand to other community colleges across Texas.
... I talked about how it is world wide project. I said that Jeanne could connect him with a community college in CA actively participating in accessibility
... his interest is in higher ed and how to use WCAG to create accessible courses and how teachers understand accessibility.

Jeanne: I think this is a valuable perspective.

Jan: Dr Butler and I worked with him about the survey questions.
... his institution has some resources to support the research, and he connects with a wider hub of community colleges.
... for PHase 2, it would be helpful to connect him with the international equivalents of community colleges world-wide,

Shawn: It would be helpful if he can collapse some of the phases so he has results sooner. It may be helpful to connect him up with Teach Access.

Jan: I will talk with him about that.

Shawn: Because we will be updating Silver more rapidly, his phases of research will not be wasted, they just don't currently help the first page.

<Lauriat> Timeline worksheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yqbKKSDAsQ9KkuXhxa5di30CmZHpj4npZMoUDKRhSNU/edit#gid=0

Jeanne: We will deliver the Requirements document and the recommended prototype to AGWG in May 2018, and the FPWD at TPAC 2018.

Jan: Other researchers are playing phone tag, or they are working on the proposal. Scott wants to work on IoT, and he has is working on questions.

Jeanne: I would recommend asking him to work on what the needs of IoT beyond WCAG that we need to address in Silver.

Jan: I'm going to step up meeting with researchers this week. I couldn't work on it last week because of work commitments and a conference keynote.

Shawn: Dave Sloan is planning to be following up with researchers starting the 17 of April and he will be on the call on the 21st.

Mkeeting attendance

Shawn: I will be on vacation from the 13-17 April. I will be back Tuesday 18th.

Jeanne: I will be onsite at a client on the 18th and the 21st and may not be able to attend.

Jan: Regrets for 14 April.

Jeanne: It doesn't look like it will be so short that we have to cancel meeting,.
... I will also be onsite at a client the month of May but I plan to attend meetings, but may have limited computer access.

update on onboarding

Shawn: Sarah sent an email with the Silver blogs: What can we learn from wCAG adaptations?

<Lauriat> Discovering Silver Forum: https://www.w3.org/community/silver/?p=18

Shawn: and Discovering Silver Forum.

<Lauriat> What can we learn from WCAG adaptations? https://www.w3.org/community/silver/?p=20

Jan: There will be someone from Visa presenting at AccessU about WCAG Adaptations.

Jeanne: Can you talk with him about posting something we can use or reference?

Jan: He is the person I talked with at EOWG before CSUN that WCAG doesn't meet the needs of developers, that they need more practical information.
... James Green at Visa

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: jeanne will move the draft of the Q1 UPdate to the public wiki. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/04/07-silver-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/04/07 14:28:17 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: Jan Jeanne Shawn
Regrets: Sarah Dave Jemma
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: jeanne
Inferring Scribes: jeanne
Found Date: 07 Apr 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/04/07-silver-minutes.html
People with action items: jeanne

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]