Web Authentication Working Group Teleconference

22 Feb 2017

See also: IRC log


wseltzer, jeffh, Nadalin, rlb, jcj_moz, Angelo, Christiaan, vgb, dirk, gmandyam, Kim


I will scribe

We will start by looking at all the PR outstanding

We will start with 319

<jcj_moz> sorry mic is broken

<jcj_moz> working on it

J.C. is working on it. Jeff made some suggestions.

<wseltzer> https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/319

J.C. will rebase it to 336 to make it align witht the base

For 319, J.C. made some changes to the WHATWG HTML spec

Jeff and Vijay both think it looks good

<wseltzer> https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/336

J.C. will rebase. Either J.C. or Jeff will merge it

<wseltzer> https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/344

We are looking at 312 or 344

We will revisit 312 later

<wseltzer> https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/347

We will revisit 312 when we start talking about rename issues later

We are looking at 347

J.C. isn't sure if 347 is necessary

I think 347 may potentially block other PR

Vijay will look at 347 later

<wseltzer> https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/348

We are looking at 348

We prefer using user verification in this PR

There are some concerns that user verification is not in the same boundary as the authenticator that spits out the crypto operations

We are looking at 350

I will make more changes to it based on Jeffery's comments

We are looking at 352

Both J.C. and Vijay will review this.

One thing J.C. brought up was Firefox's implementation doesn't handle the algorithm part

<wseltzer> Rename issues (353)

We are looking at issue 353

My hope here is we can look at all the rename requests together so that we don't make duplicate efforts

Issue #60 is the original CredMan API issue

One thing brought up related to our rename requests is whether we also want to consider CredMan API rename while thinking about these too

Dirk proposal: make our API to navigator.credential.crypto and their API to navigator.credential.something

According to minutes of our last F2F, we should ask CredMan to rename to navigator.credential.bearertoken

I will send email to Mike West to see if he's interested in joining our call next week

The proposal is to rename our namespace from navigator.authentication to navigator.credentials.crypto

The next topic we will discuss is extensions

The proposal is to move all the extension related words to other specs

The consensus for the extension part is I will create an issue to keep track of all extensions related issues to close those out

<wseltzer> Nadalin: 4 groups of issues: promises, extensions, renaming, and privacy

There should be a person reponsible for each extension and take charge of closing down extensions

Jeff and Mike Jones will take care of making changes to the overal extensions section

<jeffh> well, we said we would do review of the overall extensions mechanism

<jeffh> and can help with shepherding the cleanup & polishing of the extensions in general.

<jeffh> there's other folks, e.g. Giri, Rolf, that are "authors" of particular extensions...

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.147 (CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/02/23 06:57:26 $