WoT IG/WG - Scripting Call

20 Feb 2017


See also: IRC log


Kaz_Ashimura, Johannes_Hund, Kazuaki_Nimura, Yingying_Chen, Zoltan_Kis



jh: checks the agenda points

GitHub repo

zk: mentions his updates on GitHub pullrequests

jh: will check that
... one question on rationale doc
... how to handle it?
... any more comments?

ka: has just create a dedicated list for Editors

zk: would suggest we associate GitHub messages to the list

jh: will check GitHub repo and check the configuration
... for the scripting repo
... any other questions on GitHub?

zk: we should wait for the editors briefing?

ka: will send a reminder of that briefing meeting to the Editors list

kn: focus on scripting api and current practice?

jh: focus on normative documents
... but we need a rationale document
... in current practice maybe?

zk: yes, we need a document on why we chose the current setting

ka: if you want, we can create a separate repo

kn: developers want to read WG deliverables, so having the rationale description as a part of the current document is fine

jh: ok with me
... I have 2 more points
... we made some conclusions from the f2f meeting
... Results from F2F: resulting actions of consented points, volunteers to take on actions
... copying the current document to the new repos

zk: IG documents belong to the IG

jh: so should we create new Editor's draft?

zk: would do the new work at a new place
... the IG contents have history

jh: we should have one specific repo for maintenance

ka: we can copy/import the old IG content to the new repo
... and after that, we can add a note saying "this content is moved to the new repo, and not maintained any more"

jh: new edit should be added to the new repo
... I'm open with any proposals, though

kn: should we keep the old content within the IG repo?

jh: IG repo is for keeping the history
... and the new work should be done on the WG repo (separate repo) side

New editor's draft

zk: we need to create an Editor's draft first. right?

jh: yes

zk: will do the first version this week

jh: tx
... we can start with some skeleton and put content later

zk: yes
... and we can decide who to work for which part

jh: yes, we can glow the document gradually

Time for the scripting call

jh: another topic is the time for this Scripting call
... do you prefer some other time?
... is the current slot acceptable?

kn: fine by me

jh: ok
... let's continue this slot for a while
... btw, I have actions from the f2f
... any other points for today?


jh: is the new webex coordinate for this call weekly?

ka: yes
... and the wiki page (https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WoT_Scripting_API_WebConf#WebEx) has been also updated with the new coordinate

jh: ok

[ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/02/20 13:20:43 $