Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

30 Jan 2017

See also: IRC log


Lisa, Seeman, MichaelC, Pietro, janina, kirkwood, Thaddeus, JohnRochford, Mike_Pluke, Jim_S
Jan, Shari, Ayelet


<Lisa_Seeman> trackbot, start meeting

<Lisa_Seeman> regrets jan

<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<thaddeus> + Thaddeus present

action items, update on publications

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/SC_review_Jan2017/

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: Mike_Pluke

<JohnRochford> Link to SC results, with feedback: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/SC_review_Jan2017/results

Review of publications needed by CSUN - but will be dealt with later

User authentication in the survey does not seem to be the latest version.

Looking at Success Criteria managing

<Jim_S> +1

Lisa sharing a screen giving an example of what she has done

<Jim_S> I don't have the Edit button

Firstly a run through the commenting process that ends in an agreed success criterion wording

Thaddeus unsure if he was allowed to propose changes - Lisa suggests that is OK

Bigger changes best to go to the list

<Jim_S> The SC assigned to me are no longer assigned to me

<Jim_S> https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/30

John created new issue paper on Indoor Navigation

<JohnRochford> I just created a first draft of Indoor Navigation / Wayfinding at https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/wayfinding-indoors.html

<JohnRochford> Feedback welcome.

Next step - Forking to your own sub-directory

Whole 2.1 directory now in your space

Go to "Guidelines" and click on Index.html

<thaddeus> https://github.com/blog/1377-create-and-delete-branches

"Branch" the index file by pressing the "Branch" button

And Name it uniquesly (e.g. with a name - the Blue area is a button!!!!!

Need a branch so that you can subsequently do a pull request - only the changed bits will be merged

Thaddeus made a very generous offer to help people with the HTML related operations.

<thaddeus> feel free to email me off list if you need help

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/

<thaddeus> im fine if someone needs me to convert a Word file for them so feel free to ask

Michael has also said that he can also provide support (including if necessary helping with Word files which Lisa can't handle)

A lot of the background information is not needed in the 2.1 file - as it will ultimately be information that will be into the understanding document

Need Title, Priority Level, and the text itself

Need to find the right guideline title (not number) and insert the new SC proposal at the end of that section

Press "Edit" before you find the correct section!!

<janina> Apologies, need to leave now ...

Insert it before the lclosing section tags (Before the guidine section close for a middle guideline in a principle and before the principle, and guideline secton closing tags for the last guideline in a principle)

Also add any glossary entries in the glossary - in the right place in the alphabet

Then SAVE the edits

Using the "Commit Changes" button - with a comment in the box.

To begin a pull request collect on the wcag21 link in the header that relates to the file you are editing - Then place "Creat pull request" Add some comments on what your doing - Then press the final "Create pull request" button

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/01/30 19:05:26 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: Mike_Pluke
Inferring ScribeNick: Mike_Pluke
Present: Lisa Seeman MichaelC Pietro janina kirkwood Thaddeus JohnRochford Mike_Pluke Jim_S
Regrets: Jan Shari Ayelet

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 30 Jan 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/01/30-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]