Multimodal Interaction Working Group Teleconference
19 Dec 2016

See also: IRC log


Dirk, Kaz, Debbie


trackbot, start telcon

<scribe> scribe: ddahl



<trackbot> action-454 -- Deborah Dahl to Turn bullet list into text -- due 2016-09-05 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/454

debbie: still need to do that


<trackbot> action-457 -- Kazuyuki Ashimura to Make a strawman/template diagram for relationships between entities in a use case -- due 2016-10-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/457

<kaz> uc template

kaz: added diagram

debbie: we should remove the old tables, then

dirk: what is an entity?

kaz: specific systems could include human beings or devices, so "entity" could be used to mean either one

dirk: should we make this more specific?

debbie: should we explain "entities" in the template?

kaz: maybe a sentence or so

debbie: some WoT discussion was about properties and actions

kaz: maybe we can copy the definition from WoT to this document

debbie: all the arcs are labeled as "property", but aren't there also actions?
... we could include a label like property/action


<trackbot> action-464 -- Kazuyuki Ashimura to Write more about uc-7 -- due 2016-11-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/464

kaz: didn't do anything for this one

close action-457

<trackbot> Closed action-457.

discovery comments


<inserted> Discovery draft

sections 1-3

dirk: I don't think a standard should contain languages like "suggestions". this should help Helena go over the document and improve the wording

debbie: is there anything specific we should discuss?

dirk: in the introduction, we say that we don't know of other discovery work, but there is some and we should explain how it's related to our work

debbie: it might be different, but we should explain how

dirk: we should avoid "Multimodal Framework" unless we plan to standardize it in the future
... should we remove "multimodal framework" from figure 1?
... we could remove the outer box in figure 2 without losing anything
... also, how do the resources manager and the interaction manager communicate?

debbie: what is the gray box that contains the interaction manager and the resources manager?
... helena could explain that we'll discuss the communication later

Draft Charter

<kaz> draft charter

kaz: in a new charter we could cooperate more closely with the WoT and Accessibility
... we could clarify what needs to be done for the next generation of web technology (WoT and Accessibility)
... what is the role of multimodality and accessibility for the WoT
... we should think about the things world, accessibility world, and the mmi world, how can users interact with these three pieces?

debbie: we could draw a nice diagram for these three pieces

<kaz> previous charter diagram

debbie: we could simplify this and add more about the WoT

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/12/19 15:05:12 $