The Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

29 Aug 2016

See also: IRC log


Janina, Thaddeus, Mary, Jo, Mueller, JohnRochford, KurtM, Katie, Haritos-Shea, MichaelC, Katie_Haritos-Shea, lisa, kirkwood, Susann, Rich_Schwerdtfeger
Deborah_Dahl, steve_lee, ayelet_seeman
Mary Jo


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

review actions

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: Mary Jo

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/SC_todo_list#Volunteer

<Thaddeus> + Thaddeus

<Thaddeus> Thaddeus present

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

Lisa's SC review and maybe approve? https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/support-personalization.html

<Susann_Keohane> add present+ Susann

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/support-personalization.html

LS: The success criterion statement and testability sections were updated in this.
... If this is considered good, we should submit it to WCAG to get some early feedback.
... This criteria was narrowed and more fully defined for cognitive needs, so it might not meet the needs of the low vision TF who also wanted personalization.

<Thaddeus> +1

<KurtM> +1

<Lisa_Seeman> +1

<kirkwood_> +1


<Susann_Keohane> +1

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/rapid-and-direct-feedback.html

RESOLUTION: Send the personalization success criterion to the WCAG working group to get feedback.

LS: Should say where in ETSI that the timing for the rapid feedback comes from.
... May want to add to the benefits section - a human example where this would affect someone.

<Thaddeus> +1 good job

<Lisa_Seeman> submit kurts sc, after the two changes

<Lisa_Seeman> +1

<kirkwood_> +1

<Thaddeus> will use it as an example for mine


<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/timed-events.html

RESOLUTION: Send the rapid feedback success criterion to the WCAG working group for feedback.

LS: The data loss bullet was not transferred over to the proposed SC 2.2.1 changes.
... The description was taken from the WCAG timed events, but doesn't explain this in terms of users with cognitive disabilities.
... Lisa will do some wordsmithing on this SC.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/rewroded%20sc%203.html

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

review kurts contribution at https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/rapid-and-direct-feedback.html

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/SC_todo_list#Volunteer

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

ea contribution https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/chunks.html

LS: EA couldn't make it, so we won't review this one today.
... There are 3 Mondays in October where there is an Israel Jewish holiday so we will be moving the task force meetings to Thursdays for that month at the same time.

RS: We should create an ARIA specification on cognitive and personalization.

MC: There should be another repository to place the personalization ARIA spec. We need to be careful for the naming convention - ARIA-personalization or a11y-personalization would probably be best.
... 'personalization' is broad, so don't want to block a more generalized personalization working group from being formed to use that space.
... personalization-semantics is another possibility
... Will get the repository set up.
... Can move the whole history of the existing document in the COGA space to the new repository. Will try to complete by the end of the day today.

LS: TPAC - There is an agenda page available.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/TPAC

LS: There won't be many people from the task force coming.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/08/29 17:24:54 $