Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

28 Mar 2016

See also: IRC log


(no, one), Rich_Schwerdtfeger
Ayelet_seeman, E.A._Draffan


<scribe> Chair:Lisa_Seeman

<scribe> agenda: this

next item

next item

<KurtM> need to step away for 2 minutes, brb

<scribe> scribe: mike

<Mike_PLuke> Hello world

<janina> trackbtrackbot, start meeting

<janina> trackbot, start meeting

<KurtM> back

<scribe> Chair:Lisa_Seeman agenda: this agenda+ review actions, and timelinesagenda+ personalisation issues agenda+ Tables for roadmap agenda+ What have we missed for issues page,Emma, globish etc agenda+ be done

<scribe> scribe: mike

next item

<scribe> Meeting:The Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

<scribe> Chair:Lisa_Seeman

<scribe> agenda: this

next item

<Mike_PLuke> ACTION: timelines to Kurt halfway through - ready by next Monday [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/03/28-coga-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Error finding 'timelines'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.

<Mike_PLuke> John doing distraction - proposing some changes - should bring them to the group for discussion,

<Mike_PLuke> John Rochford - Privacy and .. done.



<Mike_PLuke> John's problem with multimodal being discussed.

<Mike_PLuke> Uncertainty if the references are references or footnotes. Lisa suggests they are footnotes.




<Mike_PLuke> Kurt half-way through online payments.

<Mike_PLuke> Debbie Dahl - voice recognitiion paper currently does not have Debbie's latest update (in Github). Debbie has sent the update as html to the group.

<Mike_PLuke> Debbie witll relook at the update in the light of discussions on the calls and reissue as html to the group.

<Mike_PLuke> Debbie has sent to the list emotional markup message - will write this up.

<Mike_PLuke> Mike Pluke has not yet informed the group about anything in the ISO work that W3C has missed - will do this by next week.

<Mike_PLuke> Next week Janina will wttempt to do the Internet of Things update by nex week.

<Mike_PLuke> Rich's proofing of the semantics issue paper and Table 7 delayed by CSUN.


<Mike_PLuke> Distraction issue paper - video versus cognitive distraction is being considered by John Kirkwood - not yet ready for discussion.

next item

delt with this morning

next item


<Mike_PLuke> Mike to check the curent status of the personalization issues in the Roadmap.

<JohnRochford> How about "text that it is understood the first time it is read"?

<JohnRochford> Correction: text that is understood the first time it is read

<Rich> readily understood text


<ddahl> easily understandable language (basic vocabulary and syntax)

Understandable and familiar use of vocabulary, syntax and other aspects of language.

<ddahl> easily understandable use of language (including basic vocabulary, syntax and other aspects of language)

<Mike_PLuke> Debbie's proposal (above) seems to have wide agreement with those on the call

Guidence for Content

Guidance for Content

<Mike_PLuke> Richard suggests that the first column should be new guidelines that could go into WCAG. Starting from general and getting more specific as go to later columns.

<Mike_PLuke> Rich suggests that the principles would be the column after the user needs, then the next column would be the success criteria. The other columns will follow this.

<Mike_PLuke> No common agreement between Rich and Lisa on how Table 7 should be constructed.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: timelines to Kurt halfway through - ready by next Monday [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/03/28-coga-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/03/28 17:24:36 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Lisa_Seeman
Found Scribe: mike
Found Scribe: mike

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Present: (no one) Rich_Schwerdtfeger
Regrets: Ayelet_seeman E.A._Draffan
Found Date: 28 Mar 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/03/28-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: timelines

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]