Sunday Feb 28th 2016 (all day) Monday Feb 29th 2016 (morning)
Social event on Saturday 27th 2016 as a welcome reception (Vision Hotel Chinese Restaurant), and a welcome dinner on Sunday Feb 28th 2016 Evening (Koufuju - Hotpot near Beihang University).
- 19:00 Feb 27: a quick reception dinner Vision Hotel. (We gather at hotel Lobby)
- 18:30 Feb 28: a welcome dinner at Koufuju (口福居-大运村店), 10mins walk from Vision Hotel. Address: No 29, Zhichun Rd. Haidian District, Beijing. Tel: 010-82355888
The aim of the meeting is to continue the discuss on London meeting.
- identify further requirements and use cases from China communities.
- strengthen UK/China relations in the field of satellite data, coverages etc.
- work on the project's report (draft to be circulated before the meeting).
- the latter as input to the OGC/W3C deliverable.
- Geoffrey Boulton, CODATA and Edinburgh University
- Phil Archer, W3C
- Jeremy Tandy, UK Met office
- Denise Elizabeth McKenzie, OGC
- Maik Riechert, Reading University/MELODIES project
- Bill Roberts, SWIRRL
- Guoqing Li, Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth, CAS
- Jitao Yang, Beijing Language and Culture University/RADI
- Wang Lizhe, Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth, CAS
- Jibo, Xie, Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth, CAS
- Jianhui Li, CNIC, CAS
- Xuezhi Wang, CNIC, CAS
- Tianyu Wo, Beihang University/W3C
- Angel Li, Beihang University/W3C
- Xueyuan Jia, Beihang University/W3C
- Chunming Hu, Beihang University/W3C
- Jinghua Zhao, CESI (28th morning)
- Qun Zhang, CESI (28th morning)
- Xianqian Chai, China Mobile (28th morning)
- Xiaohai Li, China Mobile (28th morning)
- Jinwei Wang, China Mobile (28th morning)
Please noted that: The project will cover all related expenses for UK travelers under the reimbursement rules operated by the University of Edinburgh.
- Simon Daniel Hodson, CODATA
- Simon Agass, Sattelite Applications Catapult
This is a draft and is offered more as a guide of the topics that need to be covered than as a strict timetable.
IRC channel: #ceo-ld connecting to http://irc.w3.org, with your name and channel name to share the realtime scribing of the meeting.
Minutes of the meeting: https://www.w3.org/2016/02/28-ceo-ld-minutes.html
Sunday (Feb 28, 2016)
Morning (VIP Hall - Vision Hotel 2nd floor)
- 08:45 Registration
- 09:00 Opening, tour de table (Chunming Hu, Geoffrey Boulton, Phil Archer)
- 09:30 Invited talks from China communities, best practices, use cases sharing
- Guoqing Li (Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth, CAS) Data challenged on Remote Sensing Application Network of China
- Xuezhi Wang (CNIC, CAS) Introduction of public services of geospatial data cloud
- Tianyu Wo (Beihang) Use cases on connected car data sharing on the web
- 10:30 Maik Riechert (University of Reading/MELODIES) CoverageJSON
- 11:00 coffee break (coffee, tea and pastry)
- 11:30 Discussion
- Openess and access
- Foreseen software
- 12:30 Lunch (Lotus Hall - Vision Hotel 4th floor)
Afternoon (Lushan Hall - Vision Hotel 2nd floor)
- 14:00 Practical Steps, expectations and time lines
- Review potential commitment to test ideas around CoverageJSON in CNIC and RADI work
- Potential testing within Automotive group in Beihang??
- Support/action from Reading
- 15:00 coffee break (coffee, tea and pastry)
- 15:20 Ideas around subsetting
- 16:00 Future project ideas
- 17:00 Reporting on the day
- 17:30 Closing
- 18:30 Dinner: Hot Pot at Koufuju (Reserved room: 231)
Monday (Feb 29, 2016)
- 7:30 Complete notes from Sunday (Breakfast area, Lv3, Vision Hotel)
- Wrap Up before 10:00am.
The workshop venue is The Beijing Vision Hotel.
- Feb 28 Morning - VIP Hall (贵宾厅), Lv 2. Vision Hotel
- Feb 28 Afternoon - Lushan Hall (庐山厅), Lv 2. Vision Hotel
- All coffee breaks - outside the meeting hall
- Feb 28 Lunch - Lotus Hall (荷花厅), Chinese Restaurant at Lv 4. Vision Hotel
No.39, Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing, 100191, P.R.China.
Telephone: +86(0)10 5165 0566
The recommended hotel for participators is Beijing Vision Hotel.
- You may make the book online from Rooms and Reservation.
- You may also contact Xueyuan Jia or Mobile: +86 186 1297 0645 at W3C/Beihang to make reservation with the rate between Vision Hotel and Beihang University.
- King bed room: 600RMB/night (with one breakfast); 558RMB/night (without breakfast)
- Twin beds room: 600RMB/night (with double breakfasts); 558/night (without breakfast)
Check-in & Check-out:
- Usual check-in time is after noon; you can check in earlier before noon if the room is available at that time, and no extra charge in this case;
- To have a early check-in GUARANTEED on arrival, one night cost will be charged: 600RMB with breakfast on 27th, 558RMB without breakfast on 27th
- Usual check-out time is before Noon; late check-out time is no later than 02:00pm Only if you notify the Hotel in advance; no extra charge;
- Cancellations must be received by 6:00 pm three days prior to arrival. Cancellations received after this time will be charged.
The details below are required to be included in email for an invitation letter:
- Full name on passport:
- Company/Organization name:
- Business address:
- Date of Birth:
- Passport Number:
Please also provide the address to receive the original hard copy of the invitation letter.