Digital Publishing ARIA Teleconference

18 Jun 2015


See also: IRC log


Tzviya, Janina, Rich, Shane, Markus
Tzviya Seigman


<trackbot> Date: 18 June 2015

markus: we would like to add a prefatory note that makes it clear that we are looking for input from wider world
...especially IDPF

Janina: that is standard. Specify to Michael which groups to add


markus: is that there already?

Tzviya: we were thinking of adding an issue to Intro with sentence "The roles defined in this specification are derived from the EPUB Structural Semantics Vocabulary."

markus: the questions raised by IDPF are about maintaining syncronization between ARIA and EPUB vocabulary
...we are still unclear
...if we add 10 terms for comics to EPUB vocab, how will that work for ARIA?
...it is becoming clear that we need to establish process for ownership of models and distro and works

Rich: so far, the work is between DPUB and IG and ARIA.

Markus: DPUB will continue the work. This is about clarifying roles

Rich: We need to have IDPF rep working on this
...the real question is whether EPUB vocab will be maintained once ARIA DPUB takes off

Markus: that is the crux of the question

Rich: we have a mechanism for extensibility, so there isn't
...much of an issue

Janina: the prefix covers the extensibility
...the trick will be support from UAs

markus: there are a few terms that some recommended bringing into ARIA 1.1
...are you pursuing that or not?

Rich: won't this information be in authoring tools?

value add for removing prefix is the value-add of support by AT

<Zakim> ShaneM, you wanted to ask if it wouldn't be confusing to have prefixed and unprefixed role values

Rich: need feedback from publishing community and bring authoring tools into the picture

Shane: presumably, when authoring are using existing base rules as well?

tzviya: yes

markus: regarding assessments. Do we know what Mark H is up to with web components and ARIA?

janina: one way to stay up to date is to stay close with Jason White, his colleague

rich: add note to introduction about input from IDPF

markus: what is publishing window?

janina: we are extended through 15 July
... should be OK if get to Michael by beginning of next week

tzviya: Markus, other big concern is extensibility. Are you more comfortable now?

markus: we will come back with feedback from IDPF

tzviya: we will likely come back with more questions than a solution

RESOLUTION: put this to FPWD

<mgylling> +1

<ShaneM> +1


<richardschwerdtfeger> +1

<Zakim> ShaneM, you wanted to talk about git issues

add shane as editor

shane: many issues put into Git. prior to publication, we should make sure that each issue has resolution even if just saying that we change the name
... for future drafts, incorporate inline issues
... have issues to update aria core stuff

next steps - matt g will add note about IDPF review

scribe: shane will incorp ARIA core stuff
... Michael requests transition request
... 2 groups do CfC next week (in DPUB and PF)

markus: we were looking at the SVG AAM earlier this week

<richardschwerdtfeger> http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/aria/graphics.html

markus: are you planning to define new roles?

rich: yes
... the prefix is g-

<richardschwerdtfeger> http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/svg-aam/svg-aam.html

rich: do you want to bring more of EPUB structural semantic vocab into the ARIA vocab?

markus: yes, not all terms but at least a dozen

<ShaneM> it added TONS of roles (table stuff etc)

janina: let's meet next week to wrap up any last minute details and make sure that MC is available

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/06/18 14:36:59 $