Protocols and Formats Working Group Teleconference

10 Jun 2015

See also: IRC log


Janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, ShaneM, Rich


<trackbot> Date: 10 June 2015

<janina> agenda: this

preview agenda with items from two minutes; Webex continued

<scribe> scribe: fesch

jk: any groups not transition to webex?
... any comments about WebEx?

Actions Review (Specs) http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open


<trackbot> action-1629 -- James Nurthen to Review manifest for a web application http://www.w3.org/tr/appmanifest/ -- due 2015-05-29 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1629

<MichaelC> action-1629 due 2 weeks

<trackbot> Set action-1629 Review manifest for a web application http://www.w3.org/tr/appmanifest/ due date to 2015-06-24.


<trackbot> action-1631 -- Shane McCarron to Review credential management level 1 http://www.w3.org/tr/credential-management-1/ -- due 2015-05-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1631


<trackbot> action-1615 -- Janina Sajka to Review media capture and streams http://www.w3.org/tr/mediacapture-streams/ -- due 2015-05-06 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1615

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> Web Storage (Second Edition)

<MichaelC> Geofencing API

mc: need to have use cases...

js: We should ask for use cases

mc: seems to me we should look at this

js: and it would be from the use case side of things

mc: the first comment is we need use cases from them

js: without the use case, how do we know if the API meets the need

mc: no use cases on home page...

jf: privacy is TODO, maybe we should ask about accessibility

js: if they have us listed as a liaison, that may be good enough for now

ls: we have issues like that in COGA

mc: I image they will have privacy section, potentially security...
... accessibility use cases - can be used in navigation devices

js: discusses a use case...

mc: can react to when you enter or leave a region.
... are there use cases for this that are problematic?

js: only if you want to change the boundary...narrower or wider than the norm

jf: we can guess about potential use cases.... ask them for use cases.... we need to know how they plan to use this.

js: Michael can send them a note about needed use cases

jf: need plain language...

cs: don't know the scale, a sidewalk may be too small of boundary

sm: this is a web app... but the determination of location occurs in your device

cs: resolution is terrible
... usability issue, but that is at the app not the API

js: Michael to send message asking for use cases

<MichaelC> Entry Point Regulation

<MichaelC> ACTION: nurthen to review Entry Point Regulation http://www.w3.org/TR/epr/ - due 2 weeks [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-pf-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-1648 - Review entry point regulation http://www.w3.org/tr/epr/ [on James Nurthen - due 2015-06-24].

Community Groups http://www.w3.org/community/groups/

Rechartering Continued

rs: are they going to submit the whole block or one at a time

mc: yes all at one time, but they look at them individually

js: we think the 30 day review will start in the next few days
... we have been moving toward it already, like taking PF totally public

cs: there is a similar reorg happening in HTML and WebApps...

js: not sure what will happen to the task force...

cs: we might want to talk about it before, so we have influence
... they are talking about how HTML and WebApps should be organized, and it could be different

js: I think media will be separate...
... I think HTML has some loose ends, that need shoring up..

cs: no one seems interested in HTML 5.1.... they have a different culture - all email no phone call culture
... we might morph the HTML task force into WebApps task force...

TPAC 2013; Extended Schedule

js: we are already acting like we have two groups, and ARIA might want some joint time with WebApps and APA might want joint time with ...j

rs: is the registration up?

mc: I think it will be up in July

js: need to put reasons so people can get funded to go on the pages

CSS and Grids

js: had an email exchange about grids and gss

<MichaelC> Grid Style Sheets

mc: css wg aware of gss, had implementation concerns
... css has overlap, not a competitor
... a11y issues - visual order not matching the DOM order
... I don't see whether gss or grids work better...

ARIA.Next Items

js: expecting 48 hr call, next week

rs: may be around next Thursday night, dpub agreed to hyphenated names for roles. assuming dpub meets next week

js: next week should not be to late

jf: related to ARIA, new attribute keyboard shortcuts... need to be mindful of coordinating with HTML access key

rs: access key only gives focus

jn: depends on the browser and element

cs: it does sometimes actives things

jn: sometimes it does

rs: need the access key to be redone,

cs: as part of the reorg - we need a fresh look at keyboard shortcuts

jf: coordinating across three calls,

rs: have it on agenda tomorrow

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: nurthen to review Entry Point Regulation http://www.w3.org/TR/epr/ - due 2 weeks [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-pf-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/06/10 17:02:45 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/seperate/separate/
Found Scribe: fesch
Inferring ScribeNick: fesch
Present: Janina Joanmarie_Diggs ShaneM Rich
Found Date: 10 Jun 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-pf-minutes.html
People with action items: nurthen

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]