23 Mar 2015

See also: IRC log




<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<janina> I'm going to appear to be on IRC, but actually will be away from the computer for about 40 minutes

<Mike_Pluke> zakim is telling me that the 2642 code "is not valid" - any ideas?

<Lisa_Seeman> Mike do you need a "#"?

<Mike_Pluke> I did that

<Lisa_Seeman> just try again

<debra_ruh> Hello everyone, Debra Ruh joining

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: Susann_Keohane

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

I'm getting back feedback on the phone

<Tony_Doran> line is awful for me too

Lisa: any new agenda topics

<Lisa_Seeman> sorry tony

<Tony_Doran> I hear an echo with feedback

<Tony_Doran> nope

<Tony_Doran> for me too

<Tony_Doran> Now I get feedback on Debra :(

<Mike_Pluke> IMy audio problems must be computer performance related - I will need to reboot my computer and re-enter the call in a few minutes!!

<Tony_Doran> It's like you're being followed by a dalek with a cold

<Lisa_Seeman> http://asi-soft.com/?q=en/content/able-include

Lisa: asking Michael on guidance inviting people to the face to face

<MichaelC> noise

MichaelC: chairs are allow to invite people to the face to face
... as a topic of expertise

MicahelC: remind the invited guest of the patent policy

MichaelC: if they want to share their knowledge then we are open to that

<JohnRochford_> Sorry, I had to drop off. It got too noisy here and I can't mute.

MicahelC: if they have something concrete to contribution then it is reasonable to invite them to speak in a very agenda appropriate manner

MichaelC: for ex: here is a problem we were working to solve with our solution vs a sales pitch

<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: Lisa and Niel make detailed schedule for FTF and then invite if needed [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/23-coga-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-81 - And niel make detailed schedule for ftf and then invite if needed [on Lisa Seeman - due 2015-03-30].

Lisa: I will make a detailed schedule for the face to face
... will share the schedule with Neil as the host so he can create security passes and such

<JohnRochford_> I am reading the IRC scribing

Lisa: created an action item for creating the f2f schedule

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

Lisa: we want to have 2 editors draft (1) techniques and (2) issue papers
... what is the status of the techniques? Editors draft is still an internals document. We are not saying it's ready for outside world

<JohnRochford_> I just realized Michael or Lisa can mute me. I will call back in now.

Lisa: Susann how mature is the aging techniques

<JohnRochford_> Please mute me

<JohnRochford_> I suggest we assume that as a baseline

Susann: I went through and reviewed existing techniques and added aging to where it's applicable
... add a new technique on rapid and direct feedback
... what about high contrast, large font? those were in the User research for aging. do we add these as techniques?

Lisa: Do we include these techniques? or requirement A or AA?

JohnR: we should assume the physical disabilities are the baseline and we shouldn't have to worry about what level

Lisa: AAA rarely required. Most people require AA.
... cognitive and physical cross over especially in aging

Janina: do not worry the level the WCAG. lay out the what's technique that's needed for cognitive
... do not worry about gap analysis

Lisa: so we should include everything and do not worry if it's already in WCAG

<Mike_Pluke> +1

Lisa: do all agree?

I agree

Lisa: do folks need more time before Lisa reviews for editors draft
... what is needed for an editors draft

MichaelC: I can setup the shell and publish it to the appropriate branch

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

Lisa: I will pull in techniques delivered into github

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis_Issue_Papers

Lisa: we have the issues pages linked to from the wiki
... do we want to put them into github document

MichaelC: I would like we would want to move everything to github

<JohnRochford> Please mute me

Rich: in the form of a special notification or note?

MichaelC: you would want all information produced by the group to be in github. It will be easier to edit in the long term

MicahelC: if they are intended for publication should be in github
... if its just for the group for tracking then it doesn't need to go into github

Lisa: conclusion will go into github. Does the whole discussion need to be in github

Rich: I think we need to produce a document in github and produce a more formal publication

Lisa: does anyone disagree?

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

<JohnRochford> Yes

<JohnRochford> Should go in Git

RESOLUTION: Issue papers should be a more formal publication

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis_Issue_Papers

Lisa: suggest issue paper that we would like to see in the first draft?
... we have not addressed attention and distraction
... would anyone want to write an issue paper? Attention in mobile?
... Identifying when a user needs help is another issue paper but it's more advance
... what issues papers are really important that we have not addressed?
... Attention and Distractions?
... I will write to the group to see if anyone will sign up to write it
... we have interesting ones we want to review

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Numbers_and_the_Web

Lisa: Neil and EA paper
... as you can see they haven't identified solutions

<JohnRochford> No

Lisa: does anyone have possible solutions
... we should identify solutions and test them

<JohnRochford> Yes, I am working on user testing

Lisa: we should have a good brainstorming session to develop ideas
... let's try and brainstorm maybein the f2f

Tony: for an industry stand point, how hard numbers and sums are marked up
... some will use MathML which is great for JAWS
... when you representing a number or basic equation to not use an image
... this should be consider as a recommendation

RIch: if you highlighted and spoke the equation, overall consumption went up 10%
... moving to digital math with that capability you will see an incredible jump in comprehension

Tony: current there is limitation with MathML
... with syncing what is read

Lisa: the research is posted, did it get to the user research page?

<JohnRochford> I don't know. I will have to look

Lisa: possibly replace part of the equation with words
... you would want to summarize them
... remove or replace math sections with words or summary and associate things
... nearly at the end of the hour
... any other item to cover in next 2 minutes
... new publications coming soon
... looking for anyone interested in writing upmethodology on how we do gap analysis for the f2f

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Lisa and Niel make detailed schedule for FTF and then invite if needed [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/23-coga-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/03/23 17:00:46 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/have/haven't/
Succeeded: s/recommendaiton/ recommendation/
Found Scribe: Susann_Keohane
Inferring ScribeNick: Susann_Keohane

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Debra_Ruh IPcaller JohnR JohnRochford JohnRochford_ Lisa Lisa_Seeman Mary_Jo_Mueller MicahelC MichaelC Mike Mike_Pluke P0 P10 P11 P25 P3 P7 RIch Rich_Schwerdtfeger Susann Susann_Keohane Tony Tony_Doran aaaa ayelet ayelet_s https janina maryjom richardschwerdtfeger slee trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Regrets: Chaohai_Ding

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 23 Mar 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/03/23-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: lisa

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]