23 Jun 2014

See also: IRC log


Jim_Allen, E.A._Draffan, Debra_Ruh, Kinshuk


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

set scribe

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: Kinshuk


Lisa: Are people attending CCHP conference?

John: No

<Lisa_Seeman> http://www.icchp.org/

<Tony_Doran> Thanks

review actions, updates, groups, schedules

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/

Lisa: Kinshuk will complete review of adaptive technologies and post to wiki this week.
... We are going through open action items.

Debbie: Progress on Aphesia is continuing.

Sussanne: Progress on ADD group is continuing, but it will be few weeks before it can be posted.

John: Not part of Downs Syndrome group.

No further update on Aging and Dementia

John: Past week received new content on Autism, and will be adding to gap analysis very soon.

Lisa: In terms of technology review, Steve has done fantastic work on Fluid.

Joseph: Will update non-vocal update today.

Lisa: Action items on gpii and fluid will be marked as done.

Deborah: No useful content for tech simplication is found, but will continue to monitor.

<Tony_Doran> Sorry me back in call dropped

technology reviews , setting technology and action items and review of findings

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page

Lisa: Would like to review what technologies are missing taht should be covered.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page

<Lisa_Seeman> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/51wishlist

Lisa: We should look at HTML 5 wish list, and see if anything else should be added.
... Should we be looking at input type numeric?

Neil: Yes, we should.

Lisa: OK. Let's add that.

Debbie: Looking at emotional analysis is good idea, particularly with respect to autism.

<Lisa_Seeman> Emotion Markup - debra Dahl

Lisa: John could perhaps look at Full Transcript?
... JohnF and not JohnR

John: Text-to-Speech should be addded as technology.

<Tony_Doran> TTS is a technology that should be added

Lisa: Tony, please also look at Dyslexia.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis/Dyslexia

<ddahl> The EmotionML spec includes a use case for annotating text or media with emotions to assist people with autism in interpreting emotions (http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/REC-emotionml-20140522/#s1.1)

<Tony_Doran> Ok - can start on that week starting 14th July

Lisa: Next haptic output - intersting and possibly useful. Should we add it to wish list?

<Tony_Doran> Great to finally get involved btw.

<NeilMilliken> Speech recognition should be on the list too

John: We should add haptics to our list.

<Lisa_Seeman> Haptic Output should be on our radar

Lisa: Gaming?

There is work going on Game Accessibility Guidelines

<NeilMilliken> http://gameaccessibilityguidelines.com/

Lisa: Gaming is important, and theer is also gamification.

<Lisa_Seeman> games and gamification


Lisa: My connection dropped out.

I shall try to recoonect.

<Tony_Doran> Ok will email, but again sorry will be week starting 14th July. Lots of relevant stuff to cog in :)

<Tony_Doran> Yes yes yes. Standardising access keys is a great idea. So so many implementations out there with no standard to point to.

techniques page tags

<Lisa_Seeman> http://accessibility.athena-ict.com/TechniquesCOGA.html

<Lisa_Seeman> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Jun/0038.html

<JohnRochford> Lisa: We should have a tag system the techniques page

<Lisa_Seeman> Use left-justified with ragged right edge.

<Lisa_Seeman> Plus tags: Language reading

<Lisa_Seeman> Negative localization tags: Hebrew Arabic Chinese

<JohnRochford> Lisa: Tag system should be by disability

<JohnRochford> Lisa: Tag system examples: plus tags for language reading; negative localization tags for Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese

<JohnRochford> Lisa: Correction - tag system should be by function, not disability

<JohnRochford> Lisa: One issue is that some techniques are good for some people but not for others

<JohnRochford> Lisa: Another issue is about language localization

<JohnRochford> Lisa: Default is that a technique would be good for everyone, including speakers of all languages

<NeilMilliken> I understand the underlying context - the issue is complex

<JohnRochford> Lisa: There would be a field for each technique for tags, e.g., "good for language or reading"

<JohnRochford> Lisa: We would also be groups that a technique is bad for

<JohnRochford> John: Correction - There would also be groups that a technique would be bad for

<JohnRochford> Lisa: There would be separate lines or fields in which the tags would be added

<JohnRochford> Lisa: Another term for "tags" is "key words"

<Lisa_Seeman> Use left-justified with ragged right edge.

<Lisa_Seeman> Plus tags: Language reading

<Lisa_Seeman> Negative localization tags: Hebrew Arabic Chinese

<Lisa_Seeman> use for (keyword): Language reading

<Tony_Doran> Super

<Tony_Doran> Speak to you all in 3 weeks

<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: debra Dahl to review emotion Markup - [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/23-coga-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: debra Dahl to review emotion Markup - [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/23-coga-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-06-23 17:04:15 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: Kinshuk
Inferring ScribeNick: Kinshuk

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Barry_Johnson Conno Debbie Debbie_Dahl Deborah John JohnRochford Joseph Joseph_O Kinshuk Lisa Lisa_Seeman MichaelC Neil NeilMilliken P0 P5 P6 Susann_Keohane Sussanne Tim Tim_Boland Tony_Doran aaaa aabb aacc aadd ddahl https inserted trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Regrets: Jim_Allen E.A._Draffan Debra_Ruh Kinshuk

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 23 Jun 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/06/23-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: dahl debra

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]