[Odrl-version2] Make it Simpler?

Renato Iannella renato at odrl.net
Tue Jan 16 16:31:21 EST 2007

Alapan's email and a recent paper [1] have made me re-think the ODRL
V2.0 path.

We have a choice of making ODRL V2.0 more complex OR we can make the
CORE language simple
and support extensions for related DRM implementations.

That is, ODRL has a core REL aspect that does not include all the
associated functions like
Digital Signatures, negotiations, legal stuff etc. All that can be
added with specific profiles.
The idea is we keep the core language "clean" from these additional
features.

This is just an idea - and I welcome comments from the WG.

(and happy new year to all!)

Cheers

Renato Iannella
ODRL Initiative
http://odrl.net

[1] <http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?
id=1179522&jmp=references&coll=GUIDE&dl=GUIDE&CFID=15151515&CFTOKEN=6184
618>