[Odrl-version2] The difference between offer and ticket

Renato Iannella renato at odrl.net
Wed Mar 1 13:03:30 EST 2006

On 28 Feb 2006, at 16:16, fengwenjie wrote:

> from above, the only textual difference is that: ticket allows at
> least one party with Assigner role, while offer only allows exactly
> one! Then, what's the original intention to have these 2 kinds of
> rights types?  or to say, what's the semantic difference between them?

Hi Jessica - the primary difference between Offer and Ticket is that
the Offer is only *proposing* as set of
permissions (and constraints etc), whereas a Ticket *allows* a set of
permissions (and constraints etc). The latter being for the actual
holder of the ticket.

Is that clear? Perhaps we need to update the model...

Cheers

Renato Iannella
ODRL Initiative
http://odrl.net