[Odrl-version2] resumption of containers & model update

Susanne Guth Susanne.Guth at gmx.net
Mon Jan 30 20:17:14 EST 2006

Hi Renato,

I agree, we have to make this clear:

What about distinguishing the following cases:

Case 1.) Either permissions OR (exclusive) prohibitions are allowed: In this
world we can follow our former spec, saying

 "Permissions are what you are allowed to perform on the target **and
nothing else**"

 "Prohibitions are what you are NOT allowed to perform on the target **but
everything else** is allowed."

Case 2.) Permissions AND Prohibitions are allowed: In this world we could
state:

 "Permissions are what you are allowed to perform on the target **and
nothing else**"

 "Prohibitions are what you are explicitly NOT allowed to perform on the
target **and anything else is still not allowed."

With this second case, we could cover the CC licenses, I think. Don't we?

With this, we treat Prohibitions under certain conditions differently. Is
that problematic? Vicky? If we run into troubles, then I would suggest to
only go with solution/case 2.

So long
Susanne