[Odrl-version2] Handling Prohibitions

Vicky Weissman vickyw at cs.cornell.edu
Wed Feb 1 10:42:21 EST 2006

Hi All,

I've looked over the email discussions are prohibitions and, based on them, I
suggest we do the following:

(1) Extend agreements to include prohibitions, where a prohibition says that
an action is forbidden if certain conditions hold.

(2) Extend agreements to include a default, which is either permit or forbid.

(3) Say that a set of agreements imply that a request (e.g., may Alice
download Season 1 of Lost) should be granted if (a) the agreements together
imply the request should be granted or (2) the agreements together do not
imply the request should be granted, do not imply the request should be
denied, and the default for all agreements is permit.

Are there any objections?

-Vicky